Thursday, March 01, 2012

February Update and March Goals

It's that time again--my monthly goals update! Here's how I did in February:
  • Finish Fruit of the Spirit Bible study for my devotions (I am about 2 months behind when the study was *scheduled* to finish--but should be able to wrap it up in the next couple of weeks!)--DONE!
  • Begin memorizing Titus 2--Ummm, no. Haven't started this yet. Shame on me!
  • Lose 4 lbs.--DONE!
  • Minimize sugar--DONE!
  • Really work on portion control and drinking more water--DONE!
  • Exercise 5-6 times per week--Nope, this was a fail; I did exercise weekly, but it was more like 2-3 times.
  • Read at least 2 books (Made to Crave and Loving the Little Years, plus hopefully another fiction book to review)--DONE! Well, almost. I finished Made to Crave this morning, but I'm going to count it anyway. I didn't finish Loving the Little Years yet, but I did finish another book, so I met my goal of reading 2 books this month.
  • Rework the budget and re-read chapter one of The Money Saving Mom's Budget--Nope, didn't get either of these things done.
  • Have friends over for dinner--No, this didn't happen (sadly!). It looks like March is shaping up to be a better month for hospitality, though. :)
  • Send (very late) Christmas gifts to my sis and family!--DONE!
  • DIY project: Repair kitchen rug or make a new one--DONE, because we bought a new one instead. :)
  • Sewing project: Aprons for Julia and me, and maybe some for gifts--I didn't get any aprons made, but I did get some other sewing projects done (baby gifts, altering jeans), so this wasn't a complete fail.
  • Have a monthly date night--DONE!
Before I sat down and figured out just how many goals I'd met, I felt like I hadn't done that great in February. But after looking them over, I realize I met more of them than I thought. It's encouraging! :)

Here are my goals for March:
  • Begin memorizing Titus 2
  • Read through Proverbs
  • Start through marriage devotional together
  • Read at least 2 books: (planning on Loving the Little Years, The Swiss Courier, and finishing The Rose of Winslow Street)
  • Lose 4 lbs.
  • Exercise 3-5 times per week
  • Have friends over for dinner and other visits
  • Monthly date night
  • DIY project: Make foaming hand soap
  • Sewing project: Easter dress for Julia
  • Purchase new cell phone and plan for Jim, and cancel our old plan
  • Rework the budget
And I think that should give me plenty to work on for this month! :) Are any of the rest of you setting monthly goals? I am finding it really helpful this year, and hopefully I can keep it up for more than just the first few months (which is what happened last year ;)).

1 comment:

Mrs. Smith said...

Great job my friend! Did you get a lot of snow? Have a happy weekend!