It's that time again--my monthly goals update! Here's how I did in February:
- Finish Fruit of the Spirit Bible study for my devotions (I am about 2 months behind when the study was *scheduled* to finish--but should be able to wrap it up in the next couple of weeks!)--DONE!
- Begin memorizing Titus 2--Ummm, no. Haven't started this yet. Shame on me!
- Lose 4 lbs.--DONE!
- Minimize sugar--DONE!
- Really work on portion control and drinking more water--DONE!
- Exercise 5-6 times per week--Nope, this was a fail; I did exercise weekly, but it was more like 2-3 times.
- Read at least 2 books (Made to Crave and Loving the Little Years, plus hopefully another fiction book to review)--DONE! Well, almost. I finished Made to Crave this morning, but I'm going to count it anyway. I didn't finish Loving the Little Years yet, but I did finish another book, so I met my goal of reading 2 books this month.
- Rework the budget and re-read chapter one of The Money Saving Mom's Budget--Nope, didn't get either of these things done.
- Have friends over for dinner--No, this didn't happen (sadly!). It looks like March is shaping up to be a better month for hospitality, though. :)
- Send (very late) Christmas gifts to my sis and family!--DONE!
- DIY project: Repair kitchen rug or make a new one--DONE, because we bought a new one instead. :)
- Sewing project: Aprons for Julia and me, and maybe some for gifts--I didn't get any aprons made, but I did get some other sewing projects done (baby gifts, altering jeans), so this wasn't a complete fail.
- Have a monthly date night--DONE!
Before I sat down and figured out just how many goals I'd met, I felt like I hadn't done that great in February. But after looking them over, I realize I met more of them than I thought. It's encouraging! :)
Here are my goals for March:
- Begin memorizing Titus 2
- Read through Proverbs
- Start through marriage devotional together
- Read at least 2 books: (planning on Loving the Little Years, The Swiss Courier, and finishing The Rose of Winslow Street)
- Lose 4 lbs.
- Exercise 3-5 times per week
- Have friends over for dinner and other visits
- Monthly date night
- DIY project: Make foaming hand soap
- Sewing project: Easter dress for Julia
- Purchase new cell phone and plan for Jim, and cancel our old plan
- Rework the budget
And I think that should give me plenty to work on for this month! :) Are any of the rest of you setting monthly goals? I am finding it really helpful this year, and hopefully I can keep it up for more than just the first few months (which is what happened last year ;)).