Monday, December 06, 2010

Countdown to Christmas: 19 Days!

I love tart warmers! This is my Christmas one (sorry for the blurry picture) from Yankee Candle. I also have a 4th of July themed summertime one. Anyway, one reason I love them is that I can have all kinds of yummy smells wafting through my house from the melting tarts. At this time of year, my favorites are scents like christmas cookie and fir tree and hollyberry. We were just in the Yankee Candle outlet today, and I resisted the urge to buy more tarts--I already have quite a few and can use them over and over (although the scent does seem to diminish over time). They make the house smell all yummy and Christmasy and cozy.

What's your favorite "Christmasy" scent? How do you achieve Christmas warmth and coziness in your home?

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

My husband has allergies that are pretty bothersome so I don't burn too many scented candles. But I do have a ceramic Christmas tree ornament that comes with a vial of essential oil that is pine scented. I can drop some oil on that ornament, hang it on the tree, & voila! We have a Christmas-y smell!

Money Saving Maine-iac said...

I like sugar cookie. Question though. You say you re-use these? How do you get one that has been melted and cooled out?

Carrie said...

Mary Ann--bummer about your hubby's allergies! But your scented ornament sounds really nice! :)

Teresa--put the whole tart warmer in the freezer for a while. The tart should pop out pretty easily when it gets cold enough. If it doesn't pop out with a little pressure, you can use a plastic knife to help it, or Yankee Candle sells little plastic thingies kind of like a knife, but special for getting hardened wax out. I don't remember what they're called . . .

Anyway, I read the freezer tip somewhere, and it usually works well!

Mrs.T said...

Yes, the freezer tip works very well. It will work with some votive holders as well, but don't try it with anything made of crackle glass. I know all too well that can be disastrous!

I like candles or tarts in scents like hot cider, sugar cookie, cinnamon buns, etc. and also the balsam fir scents. One of my granddaughters has some allergies so I don't burn them when she's here.

Of course, the scent of real goodies baking is even better!

Rachel S said...

I love them also! I bought one from Scentsy, and it has a moose and trees on it. It's very pretty. I have tried several scents and like to match them to the