Monday, May 24, 2010

Weighing in: Week 15 . . . or the "I'm ready to throw the scale out the window" edition :)

Well folks, it's time to get serious (hmmm, I think this sounds familiar). After weeks and weeks of staying within the same weight, give or take a pound, I somehow jumped 3 lbs. between Friday and today. Grrrr! I'm hoping it's just normal fluctuation and that I'll be back down again by Friday. But, I do really need to start working harder. I know I sound like a broken record, and that makes me hesitate to even post my updates . . . because I feel like I'm constantly falling flat on my face and trying to start over! But, I'm sure that probably happens to a lot of people.

I'm not sure exactly what my plan of attack is for this week. One thing is that I'm going to crack down on myself to drink my 3 bottles' worth of water each day (72 oz. total)--I've been slacking with that, which doesn't really make sense since it's really hot here now! We've also started walking regularly. Last week, we did one 45 min. walk (the kids and me) and one hour long walk (Jim got in on that one, too). Today we did about a 40 min. walk, but our pace wasn't that great since the kids were so hot and whined a lot about that, and they also had to keep stopping to pick dandelions . . . :) Tomorrow we'll have to either go earlier before the day gets so hot, or in the evening. I am really excited about our walking route, though. It's so nice to have a trail with no cars to worry about. It's worth the 5 min. drive to get there!

I'll keep you posted on how this week goes . . . I really, really hope to see some good progress in June!! I hope that anyone else who's keeping up with my challenge is doing better than I am! :)

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

I'm right there with you, Carrie. I somehow seem to keep gaining & losing the same 3 or 4 pounds & it makes ME hesistant to comment :-) Anyway, I rode my bike to work today & I'm going to start training for a fall half marathon soon. That should help me to strenghten & tone up even if it doesn't help those nasty scales. Have a great week & enjoy your walks!