Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Random Update . . .

I decided to put my spring cleaning on hold for a couple of weeks while we finish up school for the year. I did get a bit more done in our room, but there is still a long ways to go to get it to where I want it! I think I'll have to plug away on it through the summer, and tackle some of the main living areas (which are less cluttered) first.

My new Crocs arrived yesterday!! I love them! They are super comfy and pretty cute, too. I can already see that they are going to be my faithful companions through the summer (although I'm still a fan of my flip-flops, too :)). I would say they were definitely worth the $11.99 I ended up paying for them . . . and I was really glad I ordered them when I did, because when I checked the site just for fun yesterday, there was only one color/size left (silver, size 4)!

This past weekend was humid (a little taste of summer), but today is bright, sunny, and coolish (mid-high 60s). A nice day for line-drying clothes, and cloth diapers, which I've begun using more faithfully again in an effort to save money. Jim's truck is finally fixed (YAY!), so I have a car again now (double yay!), which has made life a lot easier as far as getting errands done. And Jim is VERY thankful to have his truck back--it was quite interesting try to use the car as both a work vehicle and a family vehicle! :)

I hope to get another homeschooling update posted later today or tomorrow. We're almost done and we are looking forward to a summer break! I hope all of you are doing great and enjoying a wonderful spring!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Glad to hear that the crocs were a successful purchase! Also, rejoicing with you about the repair of Jim's truck. I think we would have a hard time being a one vehicle household. I would end up riding my bike everywhere :-) Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing...
Anyway, glad you are enjoying your spring; it's been a wonderful spring here, too!