Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm Back!

I had a nice refreshing week off from blogging and spent a lot more time away from the computer in general . . . something I need to do more consistently!! :) We got Sam's schoolwork finished up, and it feels so good to have the summer stretching out before us, with no specific schedule. Not that I don't have any plans, of course . . . I do have a lot of things I want to accomplish, but most of them don't involve academics. :) Near the top of my list is sewing. I have a huge list of sewing projects that I hope to finish, so you'll probably be seeing some posts about those as I complete each one. I also need to jump back into my "spring" cleaning (which will likely turn into summer cleaning!). And my weight loss/fitness goals . . . oh, that never ending journey! I'm hoping, now that the weather's nice, to start walking outside with the kids at least 3 days a week. There is a good walking trail not far from here, where we can walk without fear of getting run over by the crazy teenagers that live on our road, so I think we'll try that. We're also planning a summer trip to visit Jim's family (Lord willing!), plus the usual family adventures like hikes, beach days, etc. that we love to fill the warmer months with. Oh yeah, and finishing the siding on our house . . . :) And hopefully growing a garden, and getting some chickens!

So, what does your summer look like?

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like you have lots of fun coming your way!
Right now my summer is looking much like the day to day now. Without kids & their school schedule to think about, we just deal with work, family gatherings, church gatherings & maybe a day trip or two. We definitely have some projects around the house that need to be tackled & I'm hoping to use the warm weather to start training for a half marathon in September.
Welcome back - glad you enjoyed your break!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Carrie!!!!I am looking forward to seeing all your finished sewing projects.Still love my tote.~Nikki

Arlene G said...

I am glad you are back!! I enjoy reading your blog. I am right with you regarding fitness and eating. I need to get back on a disciplined road!!