Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Cleaning Week 1: Bathrooms


So, today begins my personal spring cleaning challenge! I'm very excited about rooting out clutter, dust and dirt. :) I'm hoping to get my home very clean and shiny by the end of the next 6 weeks or so! I remember those good ol' White Glove weekends at DCA, and later at college . . . and now nice it felt to have a room completely clean. We would even (seriously!) go over the floors with a sticky lint roller to get any little tiny bits of fuzz or other stuff that might still be lurking after we vacuumed! Going back in after they checked it was a funny feeling . . . like you didn't want to touch anything, lest you mess it up or get it dirty! Of course it didn't take long to get the room feeling lived in again . . . but those few minutes of complete cleanliness were nice, though fleeting!

Anyway, this week I am focusing on the two bathrooms in my house. Here is my cleaning list!

MASTER BATHROOM:
  • Wipe baseboards
  • Vacuum/scrub floor
  • Scrub tub/shower
  • Wash rugs, shower curtain, bath mat
  • Scrub toilet (inside & out)
  • Wash sinks, counters
  • Straighten towels and dust racks
  • Clean out and organize drawers/cabinets
  • Clean mirror & lights
  • Wipe down walls
GUEST BATHROOM:
  • Vacuum/scrub floor
  • Scrub shower
  • Wash rug & shower curtain
  • Scrub toilet (inside & out)
  • Wash sink, counter
  • Dust cabinet
  • Clean out drawers/cabinets
  • Clean mirrors & lights
  • Wipe down walls
I'll be going back to this post as the week goes by and crossing things off to keep track of my progress. So far today, I've moved everything out of the master bathroom, put the rugs in the washer, vacuumed the floor, and Julia and I have wiped down the baseboards. I plan to scrub the floor while Josiah's napping.

If any of you are working on bathrooms this week (or any other rooms!) feel free to share your cleaning list in the comments! And for more inspiration, be sure to check out Simple Mom's spring cleaning series this week, as well as Life as MOM's spring clean-along! Happy cleaning! :)

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

I will tackle the bathrooms this week too. Most of the tasks on that list are ones I do on a monthly basis anyway, a la FlyLady. But this is the week I should do them! And I do need to declutter and dust the sink cabinet, which I don't do monthly (but probably should!).

My list is almost identical to yours, except I need to add these two items:

* Wash bathroom curtains
* Declutter & dust linen closet.

My week looks busy and I have a big writing project going on, so we'll see how I do! Thanks for the encouragement and accountability!

mindee said...

Looks like you're off to a great start! :)

Today I cleaned out the kids coat/shoe/boots closet. I washed all the winter coats and snowpants and hung them to dry. Hopefully, they won't need them again until next winter!