Saturday, August 01, 2009

Something pretty

Earlier this week, I ran into a friend whom I hadn't seen for a while, and she commented on the necklace I was wearing. It reminded me that I've meant to post about this necklace for ages! I am not a big jewelry wearer, but I have several lovely necklaces that I wear when I'm feeling a little more dressy (mostly for church). Most have been gifts from my husband or other family members, but this one is one that I bought myself with some Christmas gift money. This is a Tiny Squares necklace made by Lisa Leonard. . . if you're not familiar with her work, you need to check out her website! Her jewelry is just beautiful. I love how it is simple and classic, and goes with pretty much everything. I tend to wear this necklace as an everyday accessory, and I like how it dresses up a more casual outfit. I had been wanting a mother's necklace ever since I became a mother, and this one is fun because it is very unique and personalized. Plus, it's handmade! And I love supporting a mom-owned USA business.

Do you have any special pieces of jewelry that you especially love? Or do you make your own jewelry? I would love to learn how to do that someday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been envying those Lisa Leonard necklaces for over a year now! Keep hoping to win one in a giveaway. :) Yours is lovely!

I pick up necklaces all the time from yard sales and thrift stores. I like the old retro look to them. I used to make my own jewelry regularly but now I have no time! One of my favorite pieces of jewelry is a scrabble tile necklace my sis gave me for Christmas.