Friday, August 21, 2009

A little chatter :)

So, we're having a torrential downpour right now, along with some thunder and lightning. The funny thing is, Jim and Sam left about an hour ago to head to a father/son campout with the church guys. The forecast looked ominous, and Jim told me that no way would they go if it was raining. Well, the day started out rainy, but then cleared up a bit, later on. We even saw blue skies peeking through, a while before they left. Jim called the church office to confirm that the campout was still on (it was), and so we packed all their stuff, and off they went. I wonder how soon they'll be back?! :) I can't see my practical hubby setting up a tent in this kind of weather! I hope the organizers decide to cancel or postpone it . . . I guess we will find out!

I had planned to take Julia and Josiah out to McD's for supper, so we all could have a fun treat while Jim and Sam are off on their trip. However, I won't be doing that if it keeps raining like this. I can always plan to do it tomorrow for lunch instead, maybe.

Today is our nephew Eli's sixth birthday--Happy Birthday, Eli!!! I'm sure he will have a great birthday and I can't wait to see what my sister-in-law comes up with for a cake. (She's very creative!!) Yesterday was Jim's mom's birthday (Happy belated Birthday, Mom!), and I hope she had a wonderful day, as well.

Yesterday Jim surprised me with a belated anniversary gift. I was totally not expecting him to get me a gift--and I felt bad because I didn't get him one!! For a long time now, he and I have been admiring the goods in the Duluth Pack catalog. I especially liked the mini-haversacks; they come in several beautiful colors or plain brown leather. Well, Jim got me one of these to replace my purse. (He found a deal on Ebay. :)) It. is. gorgeous. It will last me a lifetime. And it's made in USA (biggest selling point for my hubby!). And look! It's even got a moose on it (my favorite animal)! What a lovely gift from my sweet man! Now I've gotta figure out how to surprise him in a big way, for Christmas!!

Well, I guess I will get going for now and post this. Hope you're all having a happy Friday!!

No comments: