Friday, July 03, 2009

A Homemade Life--July 4th Edition

The past few weeks have been filled with quite a few homemade things! I got inspired to make something patriotic for Julia to wear for the 4th . . . I had a bunch of this material left over from the dress I made her last summer, and decided it would be just perfect for a cute little pair of capris.
Then today, I got thinking how fun it would be to make something pretty for her hair . . . and came up with 2 of these barrettes:
Here she is in the complete outfit. It's so much fun dressing a little girl!! :)
Another thing we did recently was to make a bedskirt for our new bed. Nothing fancy; we just made it from a flat sheet that we had gotten for another project, but never used. I just cut the sheet into three long pieces, hemmed places that needed it, and then Jim fastened it to the bottom of the bed frame for me. So it's not a "real" bedskirt, but the effect is the same. And it effectively hides all the stuff under the bed!! So much neater . . . I love it!
Last but not least, here is a birthday card I made a few weeks ago for one of our nieces. I got the idea from this blog post, and changed it a bit. I was happy with the end result, and plan to make others like this in the future!
Well, I guess that is it for A Homemade Life for this week--time to head for bed. I still haven't gotten set up with Mr. Linky's new server (I keep forgetting) but feel free to comment and leave a link if you post about your own homemade accomplishments!
Happy 4th of July, everyone!

2 comments:

Mrs.T said...

How cute the barrettes and capris turned out!! I imagine Julia's outfit gathered lots of compliments at the get-together.

The bedskirt is a super idea, too. It really looks nice.

I may post a Homemade Life later. I've done a few things lately but I think I failed to take pictures of any of them!

Unknown said...

The capris are adorable! I agree, girls are super fun to dress!