Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Birthdays

Another quick post before I head for bed:

We celebrated Julia and Josiah's birthdays together with my parents, last Friday night. Josiah got gypped this year--I planned to make some special cupcakes in the shape of a caterpillar for him, but I ran out of energy. That's OK--Julia's purple princess cake was plenty!! I used 3 round pans in varying sizes for the "castle" and an ice cream cone for the turret. I added a Disney princess toy from the dollar store (which I had first painted purple--they didn't have any with purple dresses). Julia was very happy with her cake!
As I'm sure you can tell. :)
The birthday girl!
And the birthday boy!
Julia got another baby doll to add to her collection. She loves them all. :) Jim had the idea of putting Josiah in the box--he wasn't sure what to think! But it made for a cute picture.
I think they both enjoyed their birthday party!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

simply stupendous cake, Carrie! I might be copying that idea for a princess turning 4 in my household. :) Those frosting stars are perfect! Wish you lived nearby so you can give me a remedial wilton decorating class. :)

Rachel said...

Awesome cake, Carrie! You are so creative. Julia's sweet little smile says it all. I'll bet that she loved her cake:).

Mary Ann said...

Happy Birthday to Julia & Josiah! It looks like it was a fun party. Excellent cake skills, Carrie!

mindee said...

Awesome cake! They look very happy, indeed!

Jenny said...

Beautiful cake - and I cannot believe how fast these kiddos grow. I will have a 3 year old this summer, too!