Friday, March 27, 2009

A Homemade Life

Well, I had grand plans to get this post up this morning, but obviously that didn't happen. :) And sorry I missed posting this feature last week--time got away from me and it just didn't get done! Anyway, the last couple weeks have been busy, but I haven't done as many homemade things as I'd like. Here are a few things we did work on:

*Made homemade hand lotion following the instructions on this post. It was SO easy. We haven't been completely blown away by the resulting lotion, though . . . maybe it'll work better as our skin adjusts to it.

*Worked on kitchen improvements! Jim built a nifty tile backsplash which I LOVE, and we added moose and tree "wallies" to go with the woodsy theme of the kitchen. I'm so happy with how this room is looking!



*Started sewing Julia's Easter dress. I'm excited about this . . . it's been a while since I sewed anything. Stay tuned for pictures, once I get it finished!

So, what homemade progress or ideas do you all have to share? I'd love to hear!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I decided to use some tiny fabric remnants to make some little girl clothes to sell on Etsy. I'm thrilled with the results and even if they don't sell, I've got some great gifts to give! :-)

Mrs.T said...

Your kitchen looks so nice!!! It was such a neat idea to make use of the extra tiles to make an interesting design/focal point.

Can't wait to see Julia's dress, too.