Friday, February 27, 2009

Input Requested!

Hello, dear readers! This has been a busy week, mostly busy because everyone in the family except me has come down with a cold . . . and Josiah's had an especially rough time with it, so I haven't had a whole lot of time this week where he hasn't been in my arms, or in the backpack! :)
It looks like my Homemade Life post will not be up till tomorrow, maybe even tomorrow evening sometime. I'm working on a little project to post about, and it won't be finished till then! In the meantime, I have a question for all of you. Jim is hoping to open an Etsy shop in the near future to sell these breadslicers, and maybe some other handmade things. So far, we have come up blank on trying to think of a good name for his shop. Or a creative name for the breadslicers. "Jim's Wooden Breadslicers" just doesn't sound too exciting, know what I mean? And should "breadslicer" be one word, or two? So I would love your input for either shop or slicer names, or both--I know most of you are much more creative than we are. :) By the way, this one is mine to keep--isn't it pretty?! That's curly maple and walnut on the end, and cherry on the sides.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

We're thinking hard over here - but what Michael wants to know is this - what is the purpose of the hole on the end? Is it just decorative, or are we slow?? ;-)

Rachel said...

The bread slicer is gorgeous! I wish that I had some creative name to contribute. I am grinning as I type this - Alicia is very clever with her blog post titles and I am sure that she'll have a neat idea or two for you guys. ;)

Carrie said...

Jenny, the hole is just for a sort of handle. The slicers are kind of bulky and awkward to pick up; the hole makes it easier to hold onto. :) This is the first one he's made with a hole like that, and we liked the practicality as well as the look. Good question, though--you're not slow! ;)

Rachel, I'm counting on Alicia to come up with some good ones too. :) And Jim came up with a couple ideas tonight, too--"The Nicer Slicer" (because it's a lot nicer than the plastic ones you'll find elsewhere) or "A Cut Above." I'm thinking I'll take these and any other suggestions we get and put a poll in the sidebar to see what everyone thinks!

Unknown said...

Ah! I don't know if I can take the pressure you all are putting on me! :)

Those bread slicers are gorgeous! I hope he can find a niche on etsy.

Nothing's popping into my head yet, but I definitely think you should include bread somehow in the name so bread-slicer searchers can find your store. Let me put my thinking cap on and I'll get back to you on a clever name . . .

Mrs.T said...

Just had a thought -- how about Superior Slicers?