Sunday, January 18, 2009

Snowy Sunday

We're getting a snowstorm today, so we are missing church yet again. Bummer! It feels like ages since we've been there--this is our 4th Sunday to miss, since we were in Ohio for 2 Sundays and traveled home on the third one. Oh well, the upside is that our kids aren't getting exposed to as many germs. :) Maybe the snow will stop by tonight, though it's not supposed to . . .

Anyway, there is plenty that I can do around here today. Lots of dishes, vacuuming, and hey, maybe a nap too! Last night we got together with my parents to do Christmas with them, and also celebrate my mom's birthday, which was Tuesday. We had an "appetizer" meal--Mom and I both made several kinds of appetizers including pizzas, chips, dip, Lil' Smokies, and mini-quiche thingies--mmmm, it was yummy! And I made a birthday cake from my wonderful Whole Grain Baking cookbook from King Arthur: lemon raspberry layer cake, which turned out really good, too.

I still need to blog about my New Year's goals and also put up some pictures from our time in Ohio. Maybe I'll make time to do that today, too. Hope you're all having a good weekend and keeping warm!!

No comments: