Well, it's taken me long enough to get this post up . . . :) I ended up with 12 major goals for this year, which seems reasonable since it works out to working on one per month. Of course, I'm going to be working on many of these for the whole year; still, it seemed like a good amount and these are all things I want to aim toward anyway. So here they are:
1. Become a member of the "5 am Club"--rise early.
2. Finish reading through the Bible. I did great through about 2/3 of the last year, then got bogged down in the major prophets . . . but it should be easy to finish up this year, if I keep plugging away!
3. Have consistent daily quiet times and prayer times. Besides working on my Bible reading plan, I've also just begun a study through Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. I've only read the first chapter so far (and today I started into the study guide) but I think it is going to be excellent.
4. Lose 15-20 more pounds and exercise 5 times/week.
5. Read at least one good book per month. Maybe some fiction, but mostly non-fiction. Here are some that are on my list right now (some of these are ones I've started but not yet finished): Feminine Appeal, The Power of a Praying Wife, All New Square Foot Gardening, Financial Peace Revisited, The Mission of Motherhood, Teach Them Diligently, Don't Make Me Count to Three.
6. Learn about and actually plant a square foot garden.
7. Learn how to can some garden produce (if we get any produce, that is!).
8. Deep clean my house and declutter as I go.
9. Develop and actually implement cleaning routines. (I know, I know, I say this every year!)
10. Implement a chore system for the kids.
11. Develop a weekly "school"/learning routine for Sam.
12. Get creative. Spend time each week in crafting/sewing/etc.
So, do you like to set New Year's goals too? Feel free to share them in the comments if you'd like!