Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas Countdown--December 5/6/7

I had grand plans of writing a countdown post every day in December, but obviously that didn't happen! Oh well. The past 3 days have been busy. On Friday I went grocery shopping and picked up a couple gifts for the ladies' fellowship/Yankee swap at my mom's church. Friday night I went to that with her. Jim decided he could handle keeping the two boys at home (yay!) so just Julia and I went. So it was a nice mother/daughter/grandmother time. Julia said one thing that was so funny (to my mom and me, anyhow) that I want to record it. I neglected to take her potty before we left, and she started saying she had to go as soon as we got in the car. I figured she could hold it till we got home, but on the way down the road I realized we had left her sippy cup, and at the same time she was hollering that she was going in her undies, so I turned around and went back. As we sped back up the road, she said, "Mommy, you need to take care of me and throw my undies away!" We cracked up! Thankfully she wasn't super wet, and I was able to take her potty and put her in a pull-up for the trip home.

Yesterday we went and did a little Christmas shopping. Didn't get as much as we'd hoped, but we were able to get things for a few more people. Then after we got home, I spent quite a bit of time adding things to my Amazon cart. Planning to place that order tonight or tomorrow. Today we picked up another present on the way home from church. So we're getting there, as far as presents are concerned!

I still have at least 2 handmade presents to finish. And I need to write our Christmas letter. Our pictures arrived in the mail yesterday, so once I get the letters done, I'll be able to get those sent out. I still have more decorating I hope to do, and I want to make Chex mix and fudge, and maybe more cookies . . . ahhhh, I love this season, but there is not enough time in each day! :) Oh, and my house needs cleaning, as usual. I would seriously be embarrassed if anyone stopped by unexpectedly. Gotta get working on that tomorrow.

Tonight is the children's Christmas program at church. Our kids don't have much to do in it--just sing a song with their class--but it should be fun anyway. And Weds. we're hoping to go to our nieces' school program. But I think that's the only extra activity for this week. So I'm hoping it will be a good week to get lots of stuff done here at home!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny about Julia's "take care of me" comment! I'm awful about recording those memorable moments. One of these days I'm going to turn my blog into a book but until then I'll try to rely on my memory!

Sounds you like you are way ahead of the game for Christmas prep. I've been trying to do a little bit each night but my goals aren't getting met. Oh well. A good friend reminded me that this should be a season of rest in Jesus so we can truly celebrate and focus on Him. That makes me feel less guilty. :)

Have a great week!

Mrs.T said...

Let's see... Friday, I made a cheese ball (and was so thankful to the Lord that I had all the necessary ingredients on hand!) and arranged a cookie tray, plus wrapped a gift to take to the ladies' fellowship Carrie mentioned.

Saturday, I went grocery shopping (something I try *never* to do on a Saturday, but it couldn't be helped) and picked up a lot of baking ingredients.

Sunday, the messages at church focused on Christ Himself and all that His coming to earth means to us and all mankind. In the evening we went to Sam and Julia's Christmas program... too cute. In the hour we had between church and the program, I tried a new fudge recipe. It came out great, and after we got back I packaged up 3/4 of it to use as gifts later.

Rachel said...

Oh, how nice to be able to fellowship with other ladies. Julia sounds like a hoot! You must do a lot of cracking up these days with three little ones.:)

I am making my baking list after I finish catching up on blogging. Not great for the waistline but it's so much fun:). Don't worry, I plan to share them. That part is fun too!