Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Organizing Spices



This is my first time ever to participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesdays! I'm sure this tip isn't original to me--probably a lot of you do it--but I thought I would share how I organize my spices. As most of you know, I do a lot of cooking and baking, hence I have a lot of spices. I've found that what works best for me is to organize them alphabetically--that way it's easy to know where to look for a particular spice. Right now I arrange them alphabetically front to back, though in the past I've arranged them across. Front to back seems to work best for the cabinet I have them in right now. But eventually (when my kitchen is finished!) I hope to have one of those great pull-out racks specially made for spices. That would make the organizing even easier!

My spices were getting a bit disorderly (like every other cabinet in my kitchen), so I rearranged them yesterday. Here's the result--and hopefully I can keep them neat for a while! (The alphabetized ones are the ones on the lower shelf--I keep my larger and smaller containers on the other shelf.)
For more great kitchen tips, head over to Tammy's Recipes!

1 comment:

Sonshine said...

Welcome!

I use a space saver "twirlie" for my spices. I tried to keep them in alphabetical order but that doesn't last very long as I like to keep the ones that I use the most towards the front.

Thanks for sharing your tip!