Thursday, November 01, 2007

November Challenge


I'm trying to challenge myself in a couple ways this month and anyone is welcome to join in with a challenge of your own. First, I'm hoping to tackle deep cleaning housework like I did back in the spring. I only have 3 days (including today) in Zone 1 (Front Porch, Entry, and Dining Room) so I have a lot of work to do this weekend! Here are my goals:

  • Clean and straighen bookshelves
  • Dust hutch
  • Organize computer desk
  • Dust and straighten baker's rack
  • Wipe down dining table and chairs
  • Sweep and scrub floors
  • Sweep deck, clean grill, organize toys on deck
We'll see how it goes!

The other part of my challenge is to do some Christmas preparations--mostly buying and wrapping gifts, but also doing some holiday baking and decorating. I hope to be at least a little ahead of the game this year! :)

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Carrie, I am such a slacker compared to you. Honestly, my first thought of what would be a good challenge for me would be to make it to work on time every day this month ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm with you on the buying presents now. I can't believe we're already in November! Yikes! I'm so behind this year on Christmas stuff. Do you bake your holiday cookies and then freeze them? If so, you must share some good recipes with me! I've never done that but I really want to this year since we're having family for Christmas. It would be so handy to just have cookies on hand to pull out of the freezer.

Carrie said...

Mary Ann, well . . . I have good intentions and goals, but I haven't accomplished much on my challenge so far. :) And just so you know, making it to anything on time is a challenge for me, too!!!

Alicia, I do bake and freeze some holiday cookies. Hopefully more this year than I have in the past! I'll try and post some recipes on my blog, and you could also check out my mom's Christmas blog--I think she has some recipes up there. Most of my favorite cookie recipes came from her, anyway. :)