Friday, August 03, 2007

Frugal Friday--Cheap little boys' shoes and other deals

It's been a long time since I participated in Frugal Fridays, but I finally have a few good deals to share! This week I was excited to find little boys' dress shoes at Walmart, marked down to $1!! There were a few different styles and brands to choose from. I got Sam one pair for right now, and one to grow into. Both were originally in the $10 range. So be sure to check your local Walmart, if you're in the market for boys' dress shoes! I have no idea if they all would have similar deals, but it's worth looking. Here is one of the pairs I got for Sam. He loves them and would probably wear them non-stop if I would let him. :)
Another good deal for the week was this pile of stuff I got at Rite Aid. Combining some sales they were having with coupons, plus a few rebates, I was able to get all this for $6.64! I figured up what everything would have cost at Rite Aid's original prices, and it was about $38.68 (if I remember correctly--I figured all this up a few days ago but forgot to write down the totals, so I'm relying on memory). Anyway, not that I would ever pay Rite Aid's full prices for any of this stuff, but I was quite pleased with how much I was able to save!
And one last deal (this was from a few weeks ago): I had been wanting to get a little gift for a friend who recently had a baby boy. Well, I found a $1 clearance rack in Walmart's baby section, so I started hunting. Lo and behold, I found a very cute outfit in the George Organic Baby line--2 pieces for $1 each! The original prices would have made the outfit around $18+. What a steal!! I then went to the dollar store and got an adorable gift bag for $1, and a card for .50. Total for a nice gift: $3.50!!

I sure love bargains! What good deals have you all found lately?

4 comments:

My name is Michelle. said...

Those shoes are so sweet! Great deal!

Rachel said...

Good for you Carrie!! You saved a lot of money. I need to start branching out to the different stores down here. I am slowly adding one at a time, learning the layout and remembering their prices. I think that it will take some time to learn the ropes of each store. In Vermont, Price Chopper doubled $1 coupons and I used to save a bundle on my groceries. I haven't found any place that does anything similar but I am on the prowl.
A small savings for us was finding milk quite a bit cheaper. The local Weigels (convenience store/gas station) has their own brand of milk for a much lower price than the Super Wal-Mart. They also stamp a card that gives you a free gallon after purchasing 12. We go through 3 gallons+ a week so this will save us a significant amount of money in the long run. I grew up drinking lots and lots of milk and am committed to making it an important part of our family's diet. I suppose that I could eat ice cream to get my calcium intake but that would "add" some unwanted pounds I'm sure:).

Unknown said...

Your Wal-Mart sounds too good to be true! I NEVER find those kind of deals at wally world any more.

I wish I had the patience to do all those drug store rebates. My gramma does that regularly and puts things in a "free box" that we rummage through when we visit her. :)

Carrie said...

Michelle, thanks for visiting my blog!

Rachel, I'm sure it's quite a challenge to learn the layouts of the new stores. Sometimes I get frustrated that we only have a Hannaford and Walmart here to choose from, but on the other hand, it is a blessing to know where everything is in both stores! We used to only go through 1 gal. of milk per week . . . until I started making kefir. Now I think we will go through about 2 gal. per week.

Alicia, your grandma sounds so cool! I really have fun doing the Rite Aid rebates--it's not all that much work since you do it all online.