Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lemon-Pineapple Dessert


I had mentioned this dessert to Rachel ages ago, and am finally getting around to posting it! I wanted to wait till I had a picture to post with it, as it's very pretty (at least, I think so :)). Anyway, when we had Paula over for supper last night, this was what I served for dessert. It is so easy, and so delicious!! I know it is not the healthiest, but it sure tastes good. I'm thinking of trying it with a homemade lemon cake sometime--which would make it a teeny bit healthier, though not as easy. Anyway, without further ado, here it is:

Lemon-Pineapple Dessert

1 lemon cake mix
16 oz. crushed pineapple
1 c. sugar
2 pkg. lemon pudding mix (the cooked kind)
2 c. heavy cream, whipped
1/2-1 c. flaked coconut

1. Bake cake according to package directions, in a 13 x 9 pan.
2. Combine pineapple and sugar and boil for 5 minutes. While cake is hot, pour this over hot cake. Cool.
3. Cook pudding according to package directions (making sure to double the directions on the box since you are using two packages!). Pour over cake. Chill.
4. Spread whipped cream over pudding layer.
5. Sprinkle coconut over whipped cream.
6. Refrigerate until serving time.

Serve and enjoy! This is a wonderful summertime dessert.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you Carrie!! This looks really yummy. Maybe I will try the recipe next week sometime. It looks like one my hubby would really enjoy. I made your hot dog buns yesterday and they came out really well. You post lots of fun recipes to keep me busy:).

Unknown said...

Sounds and looks delicious!

Rachel said...

I bought the ingredients for this today. I am not sure when I am going to make it but it will be soon. I am with you on making the lemon cake from scratch sometime. You could probably make your own lemon curd/filling also. Seeing as it's the first time I am making it, it's probably best to make it as is first then make changes if I feel like it. I can't wait to try it.