Thursday, July 05, 2007

At the Fireworks


We got to go to some fireworks tonight! It was a sort of last-minute decision, but we got there in plenty of time and found a good spot on the grass. The kids did really well, even though they were pretty tired. I didn't get any pictures of the actual fireworks (above pic. is from Stock Xchng), but here are a couple that we took before the show started. I'm thankful that the kids aren't acared of the noise. Sam wanted me to keep his ears covered most of the time, and Julia fussed a tiny bit, but overall they did great. :)

Me and my little man :)

Attempt at a self-taken family photo
We have been having so much fun making special family memories this summer!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, I did it - I made mini-baguettes and they came out GREAT!!
The only thing I did was cut the 1st baking time down to 10 minutes and the second baking time down to 5 minutes.
I cut the dough into fourths and then into thirds and made 12 little baguettes. They are appx. the size of a hot dog bun - perhaps a little bit bigger. I used my kitchen scale to help keep each piece equal in weight.
I had to try one for lunch and it was so yummy:). I plan to use these with your mom's French Dip sandwich recipe and pretty much any other sandwich recipe I end up making.
This recipe is economical, versatile and delicious. I guess that I am going to have to buy the book(s). I'll go on Amazon to see what kinds of deals they have on them. Have a super weekend!

Carrie said...

Rachel, thanks for sharing how the mini-baguettes turned out!! I will definitely be trying this, too. BTW, I still need to post that lemon/pineapple dessert recipe for you! Remind me if I don't get it done within the next week, OK? Hope you have a great weekend, too!