Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Cleaning Challenge--Living Room--Day 3

Here are some pictures from my progress in the living room so far. Today I dusted both the chairs, and the table behind the couch, as well as all the pictures and decor on the table. I also replaced the couch cover (throw) which I washed yesterday. I didn't get as much done as I hoped, but at least I could do a little bit.

Window side of the living room
Just had to show you some of my herbs--basil in the blue pot and cilantro in the greenish one--in the window sill
Couch side of living room
Piano side of living room


For Mindee, and anyone else who's interested, I wanted to share what I used to clean the TV screen. It's a handy little gadget called Clean Dr. screen cleaner, and I think Jim got it at Walmart. It comes with a special spray that fits into the handle. You spray the solution (which is de-ionized water and polymers, according to the bottle) onto the padded microfiber end and wipe the screen with it. It works really well and is great for getting off all the little fingerprints and dust. :)

In other news . . . today I tried on my size 10 jeans (the ones that fit pre-Julia) and they finally fit (yay!) . . .one year after having her, LOL. :) Only problem is, I can't wear them anywhere but home because there is a huge hole in one knee. AND, my size 12s (which fit fine too) also have a big hole in one knee. The only ones that are hole-less, are the 14s, which are way too baggy at this point. So, I guess I will have to save my pennies and go shopping here before too long. At least we are heading into summer and I will be in capris a lot. :) I have 3 more pounds to lose, to be back to my pre-Julia weight. And then 11 more pounds after that to be back to my pre-Sam weight. I'm hoping to lose the first 3 by the end of this month--I think that would be a fairly reasonable goal. After that, we'll see how it goes for losing the rest.

I am hoping to do another book review post before the end of the week . . . maybe. I know I am way behind on those! Hope you all are having a great week!

2 comments:

Samara said...

Hi Carrie! I've been largely absent from the internet in recent months but have been reading your cleaning challenge posts and enjoying them. Congrats on your progress in the house and the weight too :) I just finished up shedding the last of the baby weight, but my jeans are in the same shape- I only had one decent pair before, but wore them while painting during my ppregnancy and now they are fit only for gardening in! At least the skirts fit too :)

Carrie said...

Hi Samara! I've missed your posts and was so happy to see you're back to blogging lately. :) Your little guy is so adorable!! And you did awesome, getting rid of the baby weight already!

Thanks for taking the time to comment; it's nice to know you are still visiting my blog. :)