Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sam and the "honest candle"

We watch the Andy Griffith Show a lot, because we got the DVDs of seasons 1 and 2 for Christmas. We love them, and so does Sam. Anyway, one day we had one on, but I wasn't really paying attention to it. Sam and I were busy doing something in the kitchen; he was sitting on the counter "helping" me as I cooked. I was singing something (nothing to do with the show) and when I finished singing that, he wanted me to sing the "candle song." I was racking my brain, trying to think what the candle song could be. Something he learned in Sunday school, maybe? I got even more confused when he next said something about the "honest candle." Then I realized he was pointing to the Andy Griffith episode on the TV. The lightbulb went on in my head, as I realized he was not talking about an honest candle, but about . . .



Yes, you guessed it . . . OTIS CAMPBELL. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! So, did you sing the "candle song"? That guy actually has a nice voice. :)

Brittney said...

Oh my, that is so cute! :D The Andy Griffeth Shows, as well as Gomer Pyle USMC are among our favorites ;).

I've been "lurking" on your blog for a while, guess it's about time I introduce myself... :) I enjoy reading your thoughts and seeing all the pictures. God bless you!

Jenny said...

what an adorable story!

Carrie said...

Mindee--nope, I didn't sing the candle song. :) And yes, he does have a nice voice--even though when we hear him singing, it's usually rather slurred!

Brittleigh--thanks for introducing yourself! It's nice to meet another reader. I have never yet seen the Gomer show; I bet it is funny, though. I love Gomer on the AG show.

Jenny--thanks! It's fun when they start saying cute things; just imagine what you have to look forward to! :)