Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Our week with my sister and family, Part 1

Wow, what a busy week it has been! I thought it would be fun to share a few posts with pictures from our visit with Clay, Joanna and Darrin. Sorry that they are all in the small size--I had a bunch to upload, and since we are still in the dark ages with dial-up, it was quicker to do them in the smallest format. But you can just click on them to make them bigger, if you want to.

First, here is a picture from our special Valentine's dinner. This was the same day that we got 14" of snow! It was a nice day to all be home together, and we enjoyed our yummy dinner very much.


Joanna, Clay, and Darrin arrived in Boston on Valentine's night. My mom and dad borrowed our Suburban (because it's 4 wheel drive) and braved the storm to go pick them up. Thankfully they had a safe trip, arriving home about 1 am on Thursday. The kids and I went over to my parents' house for a little while on Thursday to spend some time with everyone. Then we were able to have Jo and family over for supper that night. It has been so nice to reconnect with them and get to enjoy little Darrin!

On Friday, we got together at my parents' house with some other friends, to have lunch and a little baby shower for Jo and Darrin, and our friend Gail, who is due any day with her first little one. We had a great time of food and fellowship! Here is a self-taken picture of me and my little sis:


Here is a picture of the lovely mommy and mommy-to-be, at their shower:


After everyone left, we hung around for the rest of the afternoon, getting ready for "round two." :) My mom had invited 2 of our aunts, our Grammy, and one uncle for dinner. We also celebrated Grammy's birthday with cake and ice cream after dinner.

Jo took this sweet picture of Julia as she napped on me in the late afternoon:


Sam got to spend some fun time with Uncle Clay, looking at pictures and videos on the digital camera:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Joanna looks great for being a new mommy! And your v-day dinner looks positively scrumptious. Are those cornish hens and twice bakeds?

Esther said...

Carrie - you and Jo both look great. Neat to see you guys together. It made me think of all the warm (and yummy) memories surrounding your guys' weddings. I treasure those times!