Friday, January 26, 2007

Anti-Procrastination Challenge--Friday

Today I straightened up and decluttered the office area. As Jim says, we still have a lot of "junk" in there, but at least now it is neat! :) Some things are stored in there (like all our extra bottles of vitamins) just because I don't have the cupboard space in the kitchen yet. I also have my ironing board in there (with its new cover, which I LOVE!), and my sewing machine, along with a bag of sewing-projects-in-the-works. So as you can see, this room is not entirely used as an office. :)

Anyway, here's the before:

And the after:

Thanks, Mrs. Wilt, for the motivation to do a lot of great projects this week! I'm hoping to continue working on my procrastinated projects next week, as well!

ETA: Mindee asked about my ironing board cover, so I thought I would post a couple pictures of it.


I saw Mrs. Wilt's post about hers a while back (I get a lot of inspiration from her!), and loved it. So I spent some of my Christmas money to get one of my own. I got it at K-mart, and if I remember right, it was around $15. I agree that that's a bit pricey . . . but since it was gift money, I splurged. :) And the quality is a lot better than my old cover, too--a nice thick pad, and Velcro straps which fasten underneath to hold it nice and snug. The brand is Martha Stewart. I would love to get some of the matching contact paper sometime . . . Mrs. Wilt has done some neat stuff with that, as well, such as the project shown here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been very busy and your house looks great! I desperately need a new ironing board cover. They tend to be expensive from what I've seen (or else I'm cheap). ;) Tell me about yours!

Unknown said...

Great job you busy bee! I love the feeling of having things neat and in their proper place.

I am totally going to steal that idea from Mrs. Wilt about the plastic bags. We have this ugly fabric doll thing that holds our plastic bags and I HATE it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting about your ironing board cover. I like it. The velcro is a neat idea. We don't have a KMart around here, but I'll have to see what Tarjay has to offer. :)

Mrs. Wilt's grocery bag thingie is cute. I use empty Kleenex boxes for our grocery bags.

Cherish the Home said...

Great job, your office looks great! And I really like the ironing board cover. (o: