Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Countdown Challenge--Day 25

Today I finished one of the Christmas gifts I was working on! :) I also got some materials together to make a stocking for Julia; I think it's going to be really cute. I'm hoping to start on that tomorrow.

Another thing I hope to start on tomorrow is making Christmas goodies. I wrote out a list of all the kinds of cookies I want to make, plus other favorites such as Chex mix and fudge. I'm hoping to start baking up a storm over the weekend! I usually wait till the first snow to start my holiday baking, but I figure I better not wait that long this year, in case we don't get any snow before Christmas! The weather here today has been so mild, it felt like early fall rather than the last day of November!

How are the rest of you all doing with the challenge?

3 comments:

Mrs.T said...

I had a decently productive day, even though a lot of it was in the thinking/planning category. I did finish my first fabric basket and, although it is far from perfect, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I got some of the steps done on three more of the baskets as well. As usual, a more complete report may be found on my blog.

Jenny said...

YIKES! I haven't started much for our Christmas yet, but our tree is up and...today it is snowing big time! It's hard to believe that one week ago it was 59 and sunny and today we have snow on the ground and trees already! I am inspired to do more today, we shall see how long the inspiration lasts!!

Carrie said...

Good job, Mom!

Jenny, I envy you the snow . . . sort of, that is! It makes everything feel so much more Christmasy, doesn't it? I hate driving in it, though. We had flurries today and it was COLD, so maybe winter is actually on the way.