Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Something fun for you!

Here's a little questionnaire that a friend emailed to me. I thought it would be fun to post it here, along with my answers, and then anyone who wants to can post their own answers in the comments section. I know I already emailed this to a bunch of friends/family, and of course no one needs to feel obligated to do it . . . but I enjoyed it and thought others might, as well.


1.IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE?  Oh, this is tough . . . I have lots of ideas! Either PEI, Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, or maybe Alaska
 
2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? This is a tough one . . . probably my Eddie Bauer jeans, although they now have a big hole in the knee so I only wear them around home--there's no point to get another pair till after I have the baby! I also love my long black skirt from Gap, and all my cozy sweaters, and my flannel PJs :)

3. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT?  "Higher Ground" by the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team, and Christy Galkin's CD--can't remember the name right now

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING?Lately, anywhere between 4:30-5:30, whenever Sam wakes up. But I usually go back to sleep for a while with him in our bed. If you asked what time I would LIKE to wake up . . . probably around 8!

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Hmmmm, I think it's a tie between my bread machine, Kitchen Aid mixer, and dishwasher!!
 
6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE ? I already play piano, so other than playing that better . . . I would love to learn the violin.
 
7. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV? definitely SUV!

8. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE? Yes.

9. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK?  I have way too many to just pick one favorite . . . but one that especially comes to mind is "One Morning in Maine" by Robert McCloskey . . . or just about anything by him . . . "Lentil" is another favorite :) 

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Autumn, with Spring being a close second

11. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?  Being able to time travel!
 
12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? no tattoos here, now or ever!
 
13.  CAN YOU JUGGLE?  no
 
14. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM THE PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO?  This is a tough one, too . . . maybe Laura Ingalls Wilder, or Abraham Lincoln

15. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY?  Any day that Jim is home, and we get to do something fun as a family, either at home or somewhere else. I think, weather-wise, it would be a sunny, slightly breezy day in the early fall, with a bright blue sky.

16. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? no trunk--Suburban--but the biggest thing in the back of it is a jogging stroller

17. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Hamburger!!!!!!! Never tried sushi, and I'm not about to start. :)

18. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST?   Hmmm, maybe either Mom or Joanne or Mindee? (That puts you on the spot, guys!)

19. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Christen, b/c she sent it to me :)

20. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? Christen

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER?  blue hydrangea and lily-of-the-valley
 
22. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?  Moose Tracks (the kind w/the vanilla base) or Reese's peanut butter cup (especially if it's in the sundae from Friendly's!)

23. BUTTER, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN? Butter and salt
 
24. FAVORITE COLOR? blue blue blue!! I also like gray/black

25. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Chevy Suburban

26. FAVORITE SANDWICH? currently the steak bomb from the Village Store (but I also love D'Angelo's steak and cheese)
 
27. ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO?  I would love to go to tons of different places! Europe, the Mediterranean, Alaska, British Columbia, Western US, New Zealand, Australia

28. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING?  probably Eddie Bauer . . . I also love a lot of the clothes from Kohl's
 

3 comments:

Mrs.T said...

1.IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? Of course PEI would be my first choice, but Maine, Montana, Idaho or even northern NH (Connecticut Lakes region) would be nice.

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? Riders jeans. A basic black skirt is a close second. I have some favorite sweaters too.

3. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? "Higher Ground" by the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team.


4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? 5:30 to 6 a.m.

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Microwave or bread machine -- can't forget the crock pot, though!

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE ? Flute, piano, or violin.

7. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV? SUV!

8. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE? Yes, without a doubt.

9. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? "One Morning in Maine" by Robert McCloskey is a great favorite of mine, but there are many more.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Autumn.

11. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE?  Being able to time travel sounds good to me, too. Or maybe being able to travel cross-country in the blink of an eye.

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? No tattoos here either, now or ever!

13. CAN YOU JUGGLE? All mothers can juggle, can't they?

14. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM THE PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? Laura Ingalls Wilder, or Sacajawea, or, even better, the Proverbs 31 woman.

15. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Your bright-blue-sky fall day sounds nice to me, too. Other than that, a day when all of our family can be together.

16. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? No trunk--SUV -- but our camping chairs are still back there from the summer.
17. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Hamburger.

18. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I'm not planning to send it to anyone.
19. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

20. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? Carrie

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? Wild purple violets, blue hydrangeas, yellow roses

22. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Almond Joy

23. BUTTER, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN? Just salt

24. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue.

25. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Chevy Tahoe

26. FAVORITE SANDWICH? D'Angelo's Number 9

27. ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Maine, PEI, Western US... would also love to visit the NC mountains, where "Mitford" is.

28. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? I love a lot of the clothes from Kohl's too, especially the sweaters and turtlenecks.

Erin said...

1.IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? At the foothills of the Rocky mountains, beside a beautiful lake. Or by a beautiful, secluded beach.

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? I love cute skirts!

3. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? I have no idea...it's been a long time since I bought anything! Maybe Norah Jones?


4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? I'm supposed to wake up at 6:00, but it's usually closer to 7:00:op

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? KitchenAid Mixture. I guess I see the dishwasher as a fixture, like the sink! I've never lived without one!

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE? I play the piano already. I've always thought it would be kind of fun to know how to play the harp. But only if I could have long flowing hair and a silky flowing dress while doing so, like in all the paintings:op

7. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV? SUV!

8. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE? Yes.

9. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? There are too many.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? Autumn, especially northern autumn!

11. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Definitely time travel.

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT? Nope.

13. CAN YOU JUGGLE? Nope.

14. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM THE PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? I don't like this question because I never know who to choose. It depends on my mood and who I'm currently the most interested in:o)

15. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? No pressure. Free to be spontaneous. My husband would be with me, of course, and we would just do whatever we felt like doing. The weather would cooperate perfectly.

16. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? Nothing. Probably some dirt. My poor car needs vacuumed.

18. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I'm not planning to send it to anyone.

19. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

20. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? Carrie

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? All different colors of roses

22. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Vanilla. Call me boring, but vanilla is actually a very complex flavor, if you get a good one!

23. BUTTER, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN? Butter and salt on homemade popcorn.

24. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue, sage green, cranberry or rose-red.

25. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Hyundai Elantra

26. FAVORITE SANDWICH? Panini, like in Italy (or Panera is a good substitute)

27. ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? New England Tour. European Tour. Hawaiian tour. Alaskan cruise. Australia and New Zealand. The Holy Lands (in a weapon and bomb repellant bubble)

28. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? Banana Republic or Anne Taylor Loft. I might have others if I knew about them, but I don't bother with studying the really expensive "sophisticated" brands. There are too many other things in life to be concerned about!:o) I just like to wear things that are decently well-made and beautiful.

Anonymous said...

1.IF YOU COULD BUILD A SECOND HOUSE ANYWHERE, WHERE WOULD IT BE? A castle in Europe somewhere...I love castles and the scenery over there!

2. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ARTICLE OF CLOTHING? An old pair of culottes my Mum made for me..comfortable and very well worn! (and a skirt-suit I was able to wear BC - before children- hopefully will one day be able to wear again sometime...)

3. THE LAST CD YOU BOUGHT? Don't know if it was exactly the last, but one of them...The very Best of James Galway

4. WHAT TIME DO YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING? Between 5:30 - 6am

5. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE KITCHEN APPLIANCE? Kitchen Aid mixer

6. IF YOU COULD PLAY AN INSTRUMENT WHAT WOULD IT BE ? Piano

7. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SPORTS CAR OR SUV? SUV

8. DO YOU BELIEVE IN AFTER LIFE? Yes.

9. FAVORITE CHILDREN'S BOOK? My favorite from way, way back...Big Red - it was the first book I read by myself. Nowadays...Dr Seuss' Mr Brown Can Moo Can You, anything Thomas the Tank Engine.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON? I don't really like being cold all the time, but winter to me can be really beautiful, especially after a fresh snowfall. Growing up in a hot dry climate, where the seasons barely change has given me a great liking for changing seasons!

11. IF YOU COULD HAVE ONE SUPER POWER, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Don't know

12. IF YOU HAVE A TATTOO, WHAT IS IT?

13. CAN YOU JUGGLE? Can't juggle, can multi-multi-task - maybe not that well, but out of necessity!

14. THE ONE PERSON/PEOPLE FROM THE PAST YOU WISH YOU COULD GO BACK AND TALK TO? I asked someone this the other day, the answer I got was pretty neat..."You're not supposed to talk to strangers!"

15. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE DAY? Of the week..Friday, knowing we have the weekend and Daddy to look forward to having around for a couple of days! Of the year...our sons birthdays, I love to look forward to, plan and then see their delight when they get presents and a special cake! In general, a long lazy day, when we can spend time together as a family doing things we love - I say long because most days like this go by way too quickly!

16. WHAT'S IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR? no truck, we have a 'wagon...tools, spare tire, oil, antifreeze etc.. necessary, but pretty boring.

17. WHICH DO YOU PREFER, SUSHI OR HAMBURGER? Hamburger

18. FROM THE PEOPLE YOU WILL EMAIL THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? Not planning to email it to anyone..

19. WHO'S LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? n/a

20. WHO DID YOU RECEIVE THIS FROM? Carrie

21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FLOWER? rose, especially dark red ones

22. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Rocky Road

23. BUTTER, PLAIN, OR SALTED POPCORN? Sweet and Salty

24. FAVORITE COLOR? Blue and Red

25. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Don't drive over here...

26. FAVORITE SANDWICH? Something someone else has made for me! : )

27. ON VACATION, WHERE WOULD YOU GO? Europe would be interesting, or Great Britain, BUT for the sake of family, Australia, Australia, Australia!


28. FAVORITE BRAND OF CLOTHING? No particular one - anything modest and affordable