Monday, November 07, 2005

Monday Musings

It's a pretty day again today--chilly, though! And very windy. I had written a nice long post on Friday, but for some reason Blogger wouldn't let me post it, and it wouldn't save the whole thing, either, so I finally gave up and am trying again now.

Uh-oh, my blogging time may be short-lived . . . Jim just came up the driveway! He's a bit early to be home from work already; who knows what he is up to. ;)

Well, I will continue and see how far I get. We had a nice week and a good weekend, too. Jim was able to be around more than he has been on a weekend for quite a while, so that was a treat. On Friday, Sam and I had our monthly get-together with some friends. Poor Sam is the only boy at these occasions, but he doesn't seem to mind too much. He enjoys playing with his little friend Beka! I'll include some pics of them at the end of this entry. We enjoyed a delicious lunch and a great time of fellowship and catching up on one another's lives.

Sam has been saying more and more words lately. He is real good about saying "thank you" when we remind him to. :) I got him to say it to the lady and the post office today when she gave him a sticker, and she was so tickled about it. It is also a lot of fun when we read to him now, to get him to fill in some of the words in the story. I've been amazed to realize how true it is, that their memories are so good when they're little. He has this Thomas the Tank Engine catalog that came with one of his track sets. He just loves that thing, and pores over it. His favorite engine is apparently Toby the Tram Engine. He loves to say "Tobytobytee!" (His name for Toby.) Anyway, I also tell him the names of the other engines when he points to them, and now he's getting so he can point to them and tell me the names himself. "Oliver! Duke! Dodge! Diesel! Harvey!" Of course he doesn't say them all that clearly, but enough so you can usually tell what he's saying. :) It's so cute to watch him learn. We get such a kick out of him.

I watched the newer version of "The Parent Trap" last week, just for the fun of it. I love the Hayley Mills version, and wasn't expecting this one to be anywhere near as good, so I wasn't disappointed. :) It did have its cute parts, but I don't think it'll be on my list to watch again. After all, no one can compare to the hilarious tension and onscreen chemistry between the original parents (Brian Keith and Maureen O'Hara), or the fabulous job Hayley Mills did as the twins. I thought one of the most fun parts of the remake was the cameo appearance by Joanna Barnes (the original Vickie)--I recognized her right away! And what a great idea to make her the mother of the evil girlfriend, Meredith. :) All in all, it was fairly entertaining, but I missed the 50s style and fun of the original.

Well, I've had more publishing issues trying to get this posted with Safari, so I'm now working on it in Explorer. Methinks I need to download Firefox. That, and we really need to get an external hard drive for our poor computer and free up it's overloaded memory. :) In closing, I'm adding a few pictures of Sam and Beka for your enjoyment.

Getting ready to eat lunch
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Beka in Mr. Potato Head's glasses!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mr. Potato Sam :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our boys get a Thomas catalog from www.rrgifts.com Sounds like it would be something Sam would enjoy too!