Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Dijon-Peach Pork Chops

I made these 2 nights ago for supper. They were super easy and very yummy! The only difference was that I used boneless chops, as that's what I had on hand, rather than bone-in chops. These are from the March/April 2005 issue of Quick Cooking.

4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
1 can (15 1/4 oz.) sliced peaches, undrained
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

In a large skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray (I use canola oil), brown pork chops over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings

Prep/Total time: 25 min.

This went together so fast and I cooked a rice pilaf mix at the same time to go with it. (We like the Carolina rice pilaf mix; it's one of the only ones we've found that doesn't have MSG, and it's very tasty!)

No comments: