Tuesday, June 07, 2005

When God brings someone to mind

I learned a lesson today.

I had a certain family on my mind quite often yesterday, and to my shame, I never once thought to pray for them. I was actually thinking of them with great admiration, of the Godly example they are to me and others, and of the sweet, loving family relationship they have. Today I learned that the husband/father/grandfather of this family suddenly passed away yesterday. My heart goes out to them, and I feel deeply saddened for their loss. But more than that, today I'm lifting them up in prayer, for God's comfort, strength, and everlasting arms to lean on.

So the lesson I learned is this: When God brings someone to mind, pray for them. You never know what time of crisis a person or family may be facing right then and how much they may need your prayers.

No comments: