Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Fluttering Flybaby

It's another hot and humid day here in NH, or was . . . it's still humid, but right now it's raining. I've been busy trying to catch up on some more housework today, and more or less try to get some much-needed jobs crossed off my to-do list. One thing I've been working on is scrubbing down all the kitchen counters really well, getting behind all the appliances, etc., which I haven't done for a while. We have a bunch of little ants that have invaded, so I'm attempting to get rid of any spilled sugar or anything else which may have attracted them. I have ant poison out on little pieces of cardboard on the counters, which they're eating, but we still obviously haven't conquered them, since I keep seeing more.

Another thing I started on is cleaning out the fridge. Again, it's been a while since I've done a thorough job of this. I tackled the door first, and that's all I got done so far. But, I emptied out a lot of old stuff! I blush to admit that I had 5 partially full, expired bottles of various salad dressings, 1 half full bottle of teriyaki sauce that I think I used once, probably about 4 years ago, 2 mostly empty tubs of Smart Beat, which I haven't used in probably over a year, and all kinds of other stuff. It was really cool to free up all that space in the door, so I can store more jars and bottles of stuff that I actually use there! :) Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to do another shelf or two in there, or even finish up the whole thing. After that, I need to clean out the freezer!

I thought I would list some of my favorite cleaning tools here, just for fun. I'm sure most everyone already has their own favorite things that work best for them, but I've discovered a few new ones in the past few years that I really like. So, here's my list:
* Swiffer--awesome for cleaning up any hard floors, I especially like to use mine in the bathroom. I like both the dry and wet cloths--dry for everyday cleanup, and wet for mopping.
* Clorox wipes--these are great for a quick wipe down of the bathroom every day! I think you can also use them in the kitchen.
* Seventh Generation natural glass/surface cleaner--I found this in the natural section of the grocery store. It was great for during pregnancy, when I didn't want to be breathing a lot of fumes, and I like it for the same reason, having a little one running around.
* Clean Shower spray--start with a clean shower, then spray this on after every shower, and it really does help keep it clean a lot longer!
* Greased Lightning--this is about the best all-purpose cleaner and degreaser that I've found. It works AWESOME for cleaning just about anything! It does smell a little strong, but not as bad as many cleaners I've smelled.

That's all I can think of right now! I'll add others another time, if I think of any. :)

Jim and I are leaving Sam with my brother and sister-in-law and going out for dinner tonight! It's not a particular special occasion, but we have this coupon for an Italian restaurant (buy one dinner, get one free) that expires on the 30th, so we wanted to use it up before then. And besides, we need a date! We haven't been out to dinner without Sam in ages, so it will be nice for a change.

Well, I should probably go get myself spiffed up a little before Jim gets home. Hope everyone is having a happy day!! :)

No comments: