Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Spoiled Mommy :)

I hope all you mothers out there had a very happy Mother's Day! Let me tell you about mine . . .

I was definitely spoiled by my guys, for the whole weekend. Have I ever mentioned what a sweet hubby I have? Well, he is! On Saturday, Jim kept Sam for the whole day (9 am to 6:30 pm), giving me the opportunity to go shopping with two of my friends. It was a true "girls' day out" with no kids along!! We went to the outlets in North Conway, spent too much money, ate at Applebee's, and chattered the day away. It was so much fun, and very refreshing for me. I came home with 3 new shirts and a new pair of jeans, plus a few other things for gifts.

Then Sunday was another day when I was treated royally, as we all went out for dinner to the Olive Garden! Jim let me pick the restaurant. It worked out well, since we've been going to the 8 am service at church, so we didn't have to wait to get seated. We had a very nice lunch and Sam was so good the whole time; we were very proud of him! It helps that he is such a "people person;" he flirts with everyone and just loves watching everything that's going on. I hope he stays that way!!

So all in all, I had a lovely weekend, in spite of the fact that it was rainy most of the time. It didn't dampen my spirits!

Seen Any Good Movies Lately?

I enjoyed watching the newer version of "The Music Man" this week. Actually, I liked it better than the original! Not everyone may share my opinion (Jim, for instance, who doesn't like many musicals), but I thought it was a really cute movie.

Another movie that's become a family favorite is "Secondhand Lions". You really have to see this one to understand what the title means . . . Anyway, we like it as much or maybe even more than "The Princess Bride", which is a lot! It's a sort of similar type of movie to that one. If anyone is interested in reading PluggedIn.com's review of it, here's the link:
http://www.pluggedinonline.com/movies/movies/a0001497.cfm
There is a little bit of language in it, which is the only downside to this movie, so if you're unsure if it would be one you would want to watch, read the review and decide for yourself. We really liked it a bunch!

Happy Birthday, Jim!

Today is my sweet hubby's birthday, and also marks exactly 8 years since we first met! I can't believe how fast those years have gone by. Sam and I drove up to where he was working to surprise him and eat lunch together. I got some whoopie pies at Walmart and stuck a candle in one, so we had a mini-"party". Then tonight we had a special dinner complete with his favorite carrot cake. I'm still waiting for a few of his presents to come in, hopefully tomorrow or the next day. Oh well, that will make his birthday last a little longer. :)

Hopefully I'll get a chance to add a picture or two later in the week . . . for now I need to finish up and get my shopping list ready for tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: