Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day at The Barn

Wow, it has sure been a while since I’ve blogged! The past couple weeks have been busy, I guess. Not with anything really unusual, just with everyday life and trying to keep up with the kiddos. :) The summer is almost gone and I don’t know where it went!!

Today was Jim’s last day at The Barn. After working on it off and on for over a year, it is completely finished!!! It is just beautiful and I am so proud of my talented hubby for all the hard work he did to build it. Here are a couple pictures of it that I took today:


Now that the barn is done, we are praying about the next job. Jim has a small project or two to do for other people, but that’s all. We are praying about various possibilities of other “regular” jobs (vs. being self-employed). Jim will be submitting a resume for one job that he heard about, and we’ll see what happens with that. We are praying for God to open and close doors as He wills, and obviously just that Jim will have a steady source of income, whether in business for himself or someone else. We know God will provide!

Jim took Sam to the barn with him this morning, and the other kids and I drove over there around lunchtime. We had a fun picnic in the shade of an apple tree. Then after Jim cleaned up and loaded the truck, we were able to take a little drive up a small mountain nearby. We could look down on the barn and the pretty little valley that it sits in. It was a quiet, relaxing, and lovely place to be, and I really enjoyed it! We took advantage of the scenery and got a few family pictures and they all came out fairly well for a change! These were actually the first family pictures we’ve taken since we had Josiah!



And here are a few other random pictures from today:



5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Wow - what a beautiful job Jim did on that barn! Your family pics are great - such happy smiles ;-)

Rachel said...

Your husband is very talented! I think that he should open a cake decorating business;). I'm just kidding. I'll be praying about his job situation.

Your pictures are great:). You are looking very slim these days. It must be all of that running after little ones that you have to do.

Anonymous said...

The barn is amazing and the family pics are great! :)

Kara said...

I love the family pics, too! I love when everybody gets all smooshed together like that. :)

Mrs.T said...

What an incredible job on that barn! It is just beautiful. I've always loved barns, and this is an especially nice one.

The family pics are wonderful too. As Mary Ann said, such happy smiles!