Thursday, August 07, 2008

9 Years Ago . . .


Happy Anniversary to us!! The above photo is my favorite one from our wedding day. Don't we look so young?!! Actually, I don't feel a whole lot older than I did then . . . except when I think about the fact that my 2 adorable little flower girls (who you can see in the photo below) are now 16 years old.

The past 9 years have been good. I won't say they've always been easy; after all, marriage takes a lot of hard work! And even after 9 years, we're still learning how to communicate . . . and learning to understand each other. :) But I'm so thankful that God chose Jim to be my husband. Our lives have been and continue to be quite the adventure, and I'm thankful we can travel this road together!

We have a plan in mind for tomorrow, to celebrate, but it depends on the weather. Our plan is to drive up Mt. Washington because it's the "free-with-bumper-sticker" day. And we have our bumper sticker from the other time we drove up. But it's supposed to rain, so if that happens we will have to come up with a Plan B. Hopefully in the next few weeks, we'll have a chance to sneak away for a dinner date by ourselves. We'll see.

Well, right now I'm off to make some sandwich rolls and pretty soon we need to go grocery shopping and to the farmer's market. Hope you're all having a great day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. That flower girl will be 17 soon. Hard to believe . We just had # 24. May God bless you with many more happy years.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous wedding pictures! You do look young - but your joyful smiles are exactly the same! Happy anniversary!

Mrs.T said...

Happy Anniversary!!! It doesn't seem possible 9 years have passed. That's probably my favorite picture from that day, too. It says it all!

Mary Ann said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been 9 years. Wow. The pictures are truly lovely. What a beautiful wedding. I hope the weather cooperates for you & that you have a fabulous day together!

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary:).

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary (sorry it's a little late). I just read your comment on my blog, and the ebay store I received most of my diaper deals at was Babybestbuy.

The Two of Us said...

Yay! I love this time of year when we get to see your wedding pictures again. Congratulations. Just think - one more year and you will hit the 10 year mark! Amazing.