Saturday, August 02, 2008

Lazy Saturday

We've had a nice relaxing day so far. We hit a couple yard sales this morning--our first this summer! We came away with some pretty good finds: an exercise ball, some original Lincoln Logs, a couple boxes of Legos, some matchbox cars, and a Melissa & Doug magnetic calendar (minus the magnets) all for $15! Jim figures the Legos alone were worth more than that, and I checked out the calendar on Amazon and found that it sells new for about $20. I also saw a review on Amazon that mentioned you can get replacement calendar magnets from the company for only $5, so we may check into that.

This afternoon I was planning to paint my toenails and clean out the car. I got the nail-painting done but then it started to rain, so the car cleaning will have to wait. We're going over to our friends' home for supper in a while, which should make for a fun evening. And in the meantime, I should work on getting our clothes and everything ready for tomorrow, so I won't have to do that after we get home tonight. And also pick up the living room, which is currently covered with train tracks and various engines and other vehicles. :)

Hope you all are having a nice Saturday, too!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We hit some yard sales today too though we didn't do nearly as well as you did!

Rachel said...

Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you. I hope that your exercising and eating right endeavor is going great:). Keep it up!