Saturday, March 15, 2014

Randomness for March!

I cannot believe it's been well over a month since I last posted anything.  Whew, those weeks went by in a blur, I guess!  It's not like nothing interesting has been going on around here, but I just haven't taken the time to sit down and write about it.  Which is a shame, because I really like to have a record of our life here!  Anyway . . . here are some things that made me smile in the past couple of months:

  • Visiting my Grammy T. with the kids (and bringing her very late Christmas present).  Having her show us a "selfie" she took.  I love that my 80-something-year-old Grammy is taking selflies. :)
  • Winning a giveaway from WiseDecor at RachelWojo.com.  It's been a long time since I've won a giveaway anywhere, and it was especially exciting because I have long admired those vinyl wall decals with Bible verses.  We picked Joshua 24:15 for the living room and Song of Sol. 2:16 for our bedroom.  Now . . . just gotta find the time to get them put up on the walls!
  • Finding some good deals on new-to-me clothes at local thrift stores!
  • Getting through our 24th week of school . . . YAY!!!
  • Taking a week off school just to give the house a good cleaning--and save my sanity!
  • Putting away all the Christmas stuff and putting out more of my snowmen--they make me smile. :)
  • Introducing the kids to Johnny Cash's "America" and hearing them belt out "Paul Revere" and other songs--such a fun and painless way to learn some history! ;)
  • Having such a REAL winter this year . . . tons and tons of snow equals lots of great sledding and other outdoor fun for the kiddos (and the grownups :)).  Even though at this point I have to say I am really looking forward to spring!!


  • Jim getting some work!  We are SO thankful for friends who pass on his name to other people.  He's had about a week or so of work for one family, and he just got asked this past week to build a custom 10 ft. conference table.  Very, very thankful for God's provision each step of the way.  And more outdoor work is coming up in the spring!
So that's a bit of what's been going on around here lately.  In the coming week I plan to blog about Sam's birthday, and hopefully post a book review as well.  I hope all is well with all of you!

No comments: