- Visiting my Grammy T. with the kids (and bringing her very late Christmas present). Having her show us a "selfie" she took. I love that my 80-something-year-old Grammy is taking selflies. :)
- Winning a giveaway from WiseDecor at RachelWojo.com. It's been a long time since I've won a giveaway anywhere, and it was especially exciting because I have long admired those vinyl wall decals with Bible verses. We picked Joshua 24:15 for the living room and Song of Sol. 2:16 for our bedroom. Now . . . just gotta find the time to get them put up on the walls!
- Finding some good deals on new-to-me clothes at local thrift stores!
- Getting through our 24th week of school . . . YAY!!!
- Taking a week off school just to give the house a good cleaning--and save my sanity!
- Putting away all the Christmas stuff and putting out more of my snowmen--they make me smile. :)
- Introducing the kids to Johnny Cash's "America" and hearing them belt out "Paul Revere" and other songs--such a fun and painless way to learn some history! ;)
- Having such a REAL winter this year . . . tons and tons of snow equals lots of great sledding and other outdoor fun for the kiddos (and the grownups :)). Even though at this point I have to say I am really looking forward to spring!!
- Jim getting some work! We are SO thankful for friends who pass on his name to other people. He's had about a week or so of work for one family, and he just got asked this past week to build a custom 10 ft. conference table. Very, very thankful for God's provision each step of the way. And more outdoor work is coming up in the spring!
So that's a bit of what's been going on around here lately. In the coming week I plan to blog about Sam's birthday, and hopefully post a book review as well. I hope all is well with all of you!