Monday, July 15, 2013

Weekly Goals: 07/15/13 (and fitness challenge update :))

The delinquent blogger strikes again!  :)  Somehow there just aren't enough hours in the day . . . but on the plus side, I've been getting lots of cleaning and organizing done in the house, reading some good books, taking the kids on adventures, spending time with friends and family, and just generally enjoying our summer.  More about that in another post, hopefully tomorrow!  I did set goals last week, but forgot to post them.  This week I was determined to remember. :)


  • Plan menu for the next week or two (I've totally been "winging it" lately, which doesn't work so well when it's hot and I don't feel like making anything . . . time to make a plan!!)
  • Keep up with daily Bible reading
  • Record 3-5 blessings every day
  • Blog 3-5 times
  • Run at least a mile every day
  • Take kids on one fun outing/adventure
  • Finish 2 skirts
  • Do basic home cleaning/upkeep
  • Send my in-laws' anniversary card ON TIME :)
The running every day challenge is going really well!  After tomorrow, I will be over halfway through the month, and so far I've made it on the treadmill every day.  Last week I was able to run 1.5 miles and walk .5 miles every day.  In the two days so far this week, I've run 1.75 miles and walked .5 miles each day.  I'm not sure that I will make my goal of running 3.2 miles at least once by the end of the month, but at least I am seeing my distance increase a little bit each week.  I'm closing in on 30 miles of running/walking so far.  I was hoping to do at least 50 miles for the month, so I'm well on my way!  Pretty exciting. :)  While I still can't say I really love running, I do love how it makes me feel.  I definitely seem to have more energy day-to-day, and I know it would be even better if I got to bed earlier . . . which hasn't been happening much this summer!  I haven't lost much weight, less than a pound so far this month, but I haven't been very careful about eating less or counting calories, so I'm not too surprised.  I figured this month I would focus on exercise and next month I will plan to add in some more food parameters. :)  

Hoping to post more soon with a random update and pictures, a couple book reviews, etc!  

No comments: