Monday, April 15, 2013

Weekly Goals: 04/15/13

Obviously, posting goals last week didn't happen, but I am back at it this week! :)  I actually did set goals for last week and accomplished a lot of them, just didn't get around to blogging about it.  Anyway, here are this week's goals:

  • Keep up with daily Bible reading
  • Continue adding to and using Prayer Notebook app
  • Exercise 5 days
  • Get up by 7 am every weekday (already failed on this, but I'm going to keep trying!)
  • Read 7 chapters of Unglued
  • Post review for Shattered
  • Post review for Desperate (boy, I've got some interesting book titles right in a row there, don't I?!  Unglued, Shattered, and Desperate . . . !!)
  • Blog 3-4 times
  • Continue working on spring cleaning projects
  • Complete week 29 of school
I think that will give me plenty to work on for this week!

My heart is heavy tonight after hearing about the Boston Marathon bombing.  Prayers and thoughts going out to all those affected by this tragedy.  It's such a sad and lost world we live in . . . so many hard and hurtful things going on all around us.  I'm so glad this life isn't all I have to look forward to.  Only a short lifetime, then I'll be going on to my real Home.  Yesterday a friend posted these words from C.S. Lewis on Facebook, and I found them so encouraging that I wanted to share: 

“Apparently, then, our lifelong nostalgia, our longing to be reunited with something in the universe from which we now feel cut off, to be on the inside of some door which we have always seen from the outside, is no mere neurotic fancy, but the truest index of our real situation. And to be at last summoned inside would be both glory and honour beyond all our merits and also the healing of that old ache.”

~C. S. Lewis--"The Weight of Glory"

No comments: