Monday, December 10, 2012

A post a day--Dec. 10: Weekly Goals

Well, last week just whizzed by, and I didn't get near as many things crossed off my list as I'd hoped!  I did get a few things done that weren't on my list, though, so I guess that helped balance things. :)  Here's how last week went:

  • Complete week 2 of Advent Bible study--Almost done; I just didn't fully complete a couple of days, although I read the Scripture passage for each day.
  • Complete week 12 of school--DONE!
  • Complete week 8 (final week!) of fitness challenge--DONE!! Yay!  (Further update on this to come soon.)
  • Drink 3 bottles of water, 5-6 days--Nope, I fell off the wagon again with this!  I probably got at least 2 bottles per day, though.
  • Completely clear kitchen counters to get ready for lots of baking!--Well, they're not COMPLETELY cleared, but I did make some progress on clutter removal. :)
  • Record message on new answering machine--Nope, totally forgot about this one!
  • Make list and shop for Christmas baking supplies--DONE!
  • Finalize Christmas gifts for everyone on our list and order as many gifts as possible--
  • Type and print Christmas letter (first I have to decide if I'm doing one this year) and mail cards
  • Finish Christmas decorating
  • Bake and freeze one or two kinds of cookies
  • Listen to Oliver Twist CDs to review

And here are my goals for this week:

  • Complete week 3 of Advent study
  • Complete week 13 of school
  • Get Christmas letters typed and printed
  • Send Christmas cards
  • Make 2 kinds of cookies and peanut butter balls
  • Finish listening to Oliver Twist and post review by Friday
  • Completely clear counters
  • Vacuum & mop kitchen
  • Vacuum living room
  • Pay property taxes
I feel like this month is rushing by at breakneck speed, but we're trying to take life as slow as possible and enjoy every minute. :)  Tonight we decorated a gingerbread house with the kids (pictures to come in a future post) and yesterday we started opening a wrapped Christmas book each day to read together before Bible time at night.  Little traditions are so special, you know?  It suddenly occurred to me last week that my kiddos won't be little for much longer.  While each stage of their lives is super special, it won't be long till we're moving out of that "picture book" stage and into a new one where that tradition won't really be important to them.  Sad . . . :(  They really do grow up too fast!!

No comments: