- It's supposed to snow all day tomorrow. Good thing we are ahead on quite a bit of the schoolwork, because I am considering giving the kids a snow day. :) Or at least a partial snow day--we will probably still do a little school.
- Jim gets the day off tomorrow! He is downstairs right now (9:37 pm), building a new sled out of wood and old skis. Can't wait to see how that comes out! Sam is helping him and I just (finally!) got the other two tucked into bed. Hope they sleep late!
- My sugar fast is going well. I have managed to not eat any sweets (cookies, candy, etc.) since January 1st. It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be, until yesterday--when I made cookies for the rest of the family. Then it was VERY hard to not sneak a nibble. But willpower prevailed!
- I can definitely see a difference in my energy levels since cutting out sugar. I also feel like my mind has been more focused, and my thoughts clearer. I am still eating a very little bit of sugar, as it is in some things like the bread I make, etc. but just cutting out most sweets seems to have made a difference. I also lost 2 lbs. last week; we'll see how this week goes!
- I have been working harder to get up early this week. ("Early" for me is 6 am. Yes, earlier would be better, but this is a good start. :)) I am thankful to say I've been able to make this happen every day since Monday--giving me good time for devotions, exercise, shower and breakfast all before the kids get up around 8 or later. It is amazing how that extra time adds so much more productivity to my day!
- My new favorite Christian fiction author is Lynn Austin. I've read two of her books so far, and just received a third from Paperback Swap yesterday in the mail. Yay! Of course I'm making myself wait to jump into that one because I have another book going at the moment. :)
- I am slowly reading through One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. I hope to write a review of it sometime, but for now I am taking my time, savoring my journey through it and thinking through a lot of things. Her writing style takes some getting used to, but the more I read, the better I am liking it. And I just found this beautiful little downloadable calendar, A Year of Graces, at her site (it's down near the bottom of that post)--love it! I am writing my own list of 1000 gifts in a sweet little blue journal that I got a couple years ago, but I might just have to print off this calendar too, because it's so pretty. :)
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
It's been a while since I did a random post, and I have lots of things jumbled in my head that I feel the need to get down on "paper." Well, not really paper . . . but I just feel like chattering. :) So here are some random thoughts about nothing in particular.
Posted by Carrie at 9:59 PM