Sunday, November 20, 2011

On the mend :)

We are finally starting to feel better around here. The little ones and I still aren't back to 100%, but Sam is feeling pretty good and never really got too sick, and so far Jim hasn't had more than a touch of the cold, so we are thankful. I actually went out to town for a little while today to get some things, and even though I got tired out, it was nice to get out in civilization again. :) It was also a little bit crazy to realize that now the stores are packed with Christmas stuff . . . and yes, I realize it's only a little over a month away, but I am not ready!!! Today I'm taking a little time to try to plan some gifts and also plan Thanksgiving dinner! I think we will have a light week of school to kind of ease us back into everything, since we'll be taking Thursday off anyway, and probably Friday too. We will probably read some Thanksgiving books and do a craft or two instead of our regular school reading. We'll jump back into that next week. It's funny to think that within a couple weeks, we will be pulling out the Jesse tree, Advent calendar, and all the Christmas things. I'm really excited, even though I have lots to do to prepare! :)

We got a new-t0-us loveseat this week, thanks to Jim's job, and it is so nice! It is even a sleeper, which our other couch was (which we also got for free), but it takes up less space and doesn't need a cover over it, plus it is just really spiffy, and I love it! It's not as comfy as our green couch, but it's not bad.

Today I am working on uploading pictures to Snapfish to create some photo gifts. And in order to upload photos, I first have to get the newest version of Adobe Flash Player. And do you have any idea how long it takes to do that with dial-up? Let's just say it's a long time. :) We're not even halfway there yet and I think I started downloading close to an hour ago. If I could, I would get myself high-speed internet for Christmas. :) Someday!!! There are lots of perks to living out in the boonies, but this is one of the downsides!

This week while I've been sick, I've had a lot of fun pinning new stuff to Pinterest. So many great ideas, not enough time to do them all! I could spend waaaaay too much time on Pinterest (and have, this week!). If you haven't checked it out yet, you should. :) I don't want to post my direct link here because my account has my full name attached, but if you know me in real life and want the link to my boards, email me and let me know. :)

I am thinking about doing a Christmas countdown again this year, as I have some other years. It might be a fun way to keep me on track with Christmas prep and also get me blogging more. :) I was thinking I could recycle a few posts from other years, as well as write some new ones. What do you think? Do you all enjoy reading those type of posts? Would anyone else like to join in?

Well, that is a little update on us! Hopefully I will be back later with some new pictures of our living room! :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Hi Carrie,
I received the book today.:)Thank you so much.:)Nikki

1HappyWife said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad to hear you are all feeling better.