Monday, June 27, 2011

Last night's visitor

I know those of you who are my Facebook friends have already seen this, but for those who haven't . . . we had a special visitor last night! Just at dusk, a very large moose wandered into our yard. Unfortunately it was too far away to get a good picture--this was the best I could do as she (he?) was ambling away, but if you look close, you can see it up behind the chicken coop--pretty much right in the middle of the picture. Josiah's first words upon seeing it were: "Let's shoot it!" He is definitely his daddy's boy . . . ;) Of course, we won't be shooting it since you have to win a spot in the "moose lottery" to be able to hunt them here--and only for a short time each fall--and I'm glad. Moose meat is quite tasty, but I would rather enjoy the live moose visiting our backyard. :)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Wow!!!!That was really neat to get a moose in your yard.That sure does not happen everyday.