Thursday, March 17, 2011

The ABCs of Me

Every once in a while I have a night when I can't get to sleep. Apparently this is one of those nights. So, I'm spending a little time online in the hopes that I can make myself sleepy. :) I figured this was a good time to do the ABCs of Me meme that I've seen on a couple friends' blogs . . . so here ya go!

A. Age: 33 . . . but not for long. I'll turn 34 in April! How is it that I can be 34 and still not feel any different than I did at 22?

B. Bed size: Queen. Lots of times we wish it was a king . . . like when we've had a baby sleeping with us, or when all three kids decide to pile in with us for some snuggle time when they wake up. Oh well, it's cozy!

C. Chore you dislike: Yes. Haha, not really . . . I don't mind a lot of my chores. I guess washing the dishes (what few I have to wash by hand) is one of my least favorites. And cleaning the shower. And dusting!

D. Dogs: Nope. I hope we might get one someday, but it has to be an outside dog, and preferably a largish one--like a lab. :)

E. Essential start to your day: Well, breakfast for one. And a shower ranks up there pretty high!

F. Favorite color: blue, blue, blue!

G. Gold or silver: Both. My wedding rings are gold, as is the only other ring I usually wear. And some of my necklaces are gold, but most are silver. I tend to be drawn more toward silver these days, but I like both.

H. Height: 5 ft. 4 inches. I'm a shorty! :)

I. Instruments you play(ed): Piano, since I was 5. Unfortunately I rarely practice anymore, so I'm afraid I'm pretty rusty these days! I also own a guitar, which I always thought I would like to learn . . . but I could never get past the sore fingers every time I tried. Maybe one of the kids will want to learn someday, so I'm holding onto it for now.

J. Job title: Mommy, wife, homemaker. What I always wanted.

K. Kids: yes, three. The best little people on earth!

L. Live: NH, in the woods. It's kinda hard to live in NH and not live in (or near) the woods, actually. Although it can be done in some places. :)

M. Mum's name: Since she has a blog too, and likes to maintain some anonymity, I'll just call her by her bloggy name: Mrs. T!

N. Nicknames: Yes, my little sister always calls me Pooky. I'm sure there are others, but that's the most famous one. :)

O. Overnight hospital stays: Yes. Just 2 nights in the hospital after I had Sam. Let me just say that was one verrrrry nice part of having the other two babies at home. (Just one of the many nice parts, actually. :))

P. Pet peeves: when I misspell something. When other people misspell something (don't get me started on the texting generation of spellers ;)). I really only find it particularly annoying when it's a professional person/business that doesn't spell correctly. For example, I recently saw this in a restaurant menu: "Thank you for your busyness!" So it doesn't always annoy me, sometimes it just makes me laugh. :)

Q. Quote from a movie: "This is true love. You think this happens every day?" (Yes, I am married to a Princess Bride fan. :))

R. Righty or lefty: Righty

S. Siblings: 2. Older brother, younger sister.

T. Time you wake up: varies every day. Let's say I aim for 6 am, but it's a rare day that I actually get up then. Tomorrow will probably not be too good, considering my bout with insomnia tonight!!

U. University: I'm a graduate of NBBC, which is now a part of Northland International University.

V. Veggies you don't like: Hmmm, I don't really eat many unusual veggies so I can't think of any that I know for sure I don't like. Maybe eggplant? I guess I should broaden my veggie horizons!

W. What makes you run late: my kids, sometimes. I really try not to run late though. Being late for something is another one of my pet peeves (in myself). :)

X. X-rays you've had: None that I can think of. Hooray for good health!

Y. Yummy food you make: Why, all of it, of course! ;) Seriously, I hear about it from my kids if something is not yummy in their opinion (but they still have to eat it). One of my favorite foods that I make is quesadillas. A favorite dessert is hot fudge pudding cake. Mmmm.

Z. Zoo animal favorites. Well, I haven't been to a zoo since college. Unless you count the little petting zoo at the Creation Museum. The camel there was really cool!

So there you have it. All kinds of random things about me that you may or may not have known before. And now . . . *yawn* . . . I think I'm getting sleepy. So it's off to bed I go, in the hopes of falling asleep this time!!


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Wasn't that a fun little thing to do? I'm assuming you read mine on my blog *grin*
You should try eggplant - it's super good (especially in moussaka, baba ganoush, & eggplant parmesan) :-)