Saturday, January 02, 2010
A fresh new year
So, without further ado, here is my list of goals for 2010:
1. To spend time daily in God's Word and prayer. Specifically, to rise early to do so (because if I don't do it early, it usually doesn't happen).
2. To read at least 12 books this year as part of my Bible study/spiritual growth. I have a ton of great books that I either need to read for the first time, re-read, or finish. I've made a list of 12 (so far) and may add more if it seems like I'm able to get through more than one per month.
3. To lose 10-15 more pounds and eat more healthily, as well as exercise. I've kind of fallen off the bandwagon over the past few months . . . time to get back on (after the Christmas goodies are gone, of course! ;)).
4. To become much more disciplined in homekeeping skills . . . to make our home a haven for my family.
5. To discipline myself in time management. Specifically: much less computer time, much more time spent on my home and family.
6. To come up with a way (or ways) to contribute to our family income. Possibly open an Etsy shop, or try my hand at writing a children's book . . . any other ideas for me? :)
7. To carefully budget our finances, and look for more ways to save money, specifically on groceries.
8. To smile more, serve more, love more, laugh more. To treasure the moments and the memories we make each day.
So that's my list! How about you? Do you like to set New Year's goals? I'd love to hear if you'd care to share in the comments. Also, Simple Mom has a great free download worksheet for in-depth goal setting. I'm hoping to fill that out too, in the next week. It's a good tool for breaking down the goals into practical ways to achieve them.
Posted by Carrie at 8:18 AM