Sunday, November 29, 2009

Maybe I shouldn't have taken that 2 hour nap today . . .

because I've been in bed since 9:45 pm and I can't sleep!! Arrrrrgh. It's a very rare thing for me to have insomnia. And it's driving me nuts! I decided to get up and blog, and maybe I'll get sleepy enough to conk out. :)

Josiah has been sick since Friday with a bad cold, so the past two nights have been rough. He spent both Friday and Saturday night in our bed, nursing off and on all night. I am not used to that anymore, and needless to say, I didn't sleep very well. So tonight, I put him to bed, expecting him to be up again within an hour or so, as he was the other nights, but aside from one little crying episode where he settled back to sleep within a few minutes, I haven't heard a peep out of him. And I need sleep, badly, but it's not happening! My mind is all over the place, thinking about Christmas presents, and baking, and everything I have to do in the next 3 weeks . . . and all the while, expecting him to wake up any minute.

Well, even in all this, I am very thankful that I did have that good long nap today, because I'd be even more exhausted if I hadn't. :) Maybe since I just took the time to blog about my sleeplessness (is that a word?), I'll now be able to magically fall asleep. Here's hoping! Nighty night. :)

No comments: