Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rainy Saturday

{image from www.sxc.hu}

It's a nice day to stay cozy inside. :) Josiah's napping and the older kids are painting things at the kitchen table (I'm not sure if I'm crazy or not . . . but they're both wearing aprons, so hopefully the damage will be minimal :)). Julia is actually quite a neat little artist. Sam, on the other hand, has almost as much paint on his hands as he does on the plaster trains he is painting. Julia is just painting on a thin piece of wood, and her color scheme doesn't look too bad . . . slightly abstract--maybe I'll frame it! :D

Jim had to go meet with a customer, and he was also thinking about going hunting today . . . but it's raining hard enough that I don't think he'll probably end up doing that. I'm hoping our new printer might arrive today (we just ordered this all-in-one printer earlier this week, and we are really excited about it!!), but we'll see . . . last I checked, it was scheduled to be delivered today, but it's coming FedEx, which is sometimes iffy on the scheduling.

Thank you to all who commented on my homeschooling post with ideas and advice on Sam's reading!! I really appreciated your input. I have some new ideas to try for this coming week, and I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I also got a few easy readers out of the library to use with him, and he has enjoyed those quite a bit. I'm looking forward to this next week and hoping the reading part will go more smoothly. :)

Well, I'd better run and get some more things done around here! Hope you're all having a good weekend.

No comments: