Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Countdown--December 21/22/23/24

I guess this will be my last Christmas countdown post!! I've meant to update over the past few days but didn't get to it. I think things are coming along pretty well. All of our packages from Amazon and elsewhere have arrived now, so we are happy about that. :)

I have almost all the presents wrapped. Jim helped me finish up the ones for our kids this morning, before they got up. We plan to open presents tonight. Normally we would wait till Christmas day, but we are *hoping* to leave for Ohio on Friday (depending how much Jim gets done on his roofing job today), so he wanted to leave tomorrow pretty much free for packing and preparing to leave. I am still hoping to make a special breakfast for tomorrow, though. I planned to make deep dish pizza for Christmas dinner, but I think I will make it for tonight's supper instead, and then we can eat the leftovers tomorrow and I won't have to cook anything other than breakfast. :)

I still haven't quite finished Jim's robe--I will probably have to give it to him unfinished and do the hem and bit of hand sewing later, unless I have huge amounts of unexpected extra time today! Which would be lovely . . . but today is a bit of a whiny Wednesday for our kids, so I don't foresee having a lot of extra time. :) We were out way past bedtime last night, enjoying a really fun time catching up with old friends. It was worth it, but boy can we tell when the kids haven't gotten enough sleep!! Well, Josiah slept in at least--so he is pretty chipper!

Well, I started writing this in the morning, never finished it, and now it is almost supper time, and after that it will be present time!! So I will go ahead and post it, and hopefully later I'll have time to share a few pictures of our little family Christmas. Happy Christmas Eve, everyone!!

No comments: