Monday, October 13, 2008

Works of God Monday


I just wrote this post and then realized it would make a good Works of God testimony! Well, it may seem like a funny thing to post under that category, but whenever I can save about $50 and get a lot of useful stuff, I consider it a great blessing and a work of God. :) Anyway, here it is:

I practically jumped for joy when I opened my Rite Aid ad this week! I hadn’t set foot in Rite Aid for about 2 months, due to the lack of rebate items that I would actually use--it just wasn’t worth it (for me) to drag all 3 kids with me just for a tube of free toothpaste or mouthwash. BUT, this week is an awesome week at Rite Aid. They have tons and tons of free-after-rebate cold and flu medicines/natural remedies/cough drops/lip balm/cold sore treatments, etc. Money Saving Mom has the whole list (including some printable coupons which are very helpful if your Rite Aid happens to accept them (ours does--so far, anyway!). Yesterday I went in during the afternoon, leaving Jim home with the kiddos. I was pleased to find everything that I wanted (which is always iffy if you go later in the week). Here’s what I got:

--Lizard Lips lip balm
--Nasaflo Neti Pot (used a $3 printable coupon on this)
--Sinus Rinse pediatric starter kit (with a $1 coupon on the box)
--Soft Lips lip balm (2 pack)
--Mentholatum cherry chest rub
--LypSyl lip balm
--Hylands Cold ‘n Cough 4 Kids
--Zucol Coldcare
--Bee M.D. Organic Honey Throat Drops
--Children’s Advil (used a $1 printable coupon on this)
--Sambucol elderberry syrup

My total before coupons was $49.39. After coupons, $44.39. I’ll be getting a rebate for $49.39, meaning that Rite Aid paid me $5 to stock up on medicine and other stuff for cold and flu season. And that makes me pretty happy. :) Now, I’m hoping that since I just stocked up on all this stuff, that means we will have a completely healthy winter. THAT would make me pretty happy, also. ;)

No comments: