Monday, September 08, 2008

Happy :)

It’s been a good day. Sam has been SO much better today than pretty much any day last week! Jim was working on our yard again today, and Sam and Julia were back and forth between playing outside and in. This afternoon, Julia and Josiah took mega-naps and I got so much done!! I didn’t start my entry challenge yet, but focused on the kitchen because my cluttered countertops were driving me nuts. Well, I got all the dishes done, dishwasher loaded (for the second time!), and counters cleaned. I even moved all the appliances and scrubbed behind them. And decluttered. Ahhh--my counters can breathe again, and I am much happier with a cleaner kitchen. There is still a lot to tackle in the cabinets (hopefully next week), but at least things look a lot neater on the surface. :)

After cleaning up the kitchen, I was inspired to fix a nice supper. So we had “breakfast for supper”--pancakes, scrambled eggs (Jim cooked those for me--he makes the BEST!), and Pioneer Woman’s breakfast potatoes. Very yummy!! I have a little more kitchen cleanup to do now (supper pots & pans) but I should be able to get it all done before bed.

I even had a little time to play the piano tonight, which is something I haven’t done in months, literally. I hope to get back into the habit of practicing because I’m definitely rusty! But, it’s nice to know that it’s something that kind of comes right back to me, like riding a bike. :)

Well, I better go now and tackle the dishes so I can get to bed at a decent time! Hope your week is off to a good start, too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

My day was not nearly so productive but we had a potty victory with Chloe so I'm happy. :) those breakfast potatoes look delish! I hear ya about playing the piano. I hope to get back into it soon too. So relaxing!

Mary Ann said...

When I read about your productive days I feel so lazy! It's been very slow at my job lately so I feel like I do nothing all day. I get home thinking I'll be super productive working on my house but no matter how hard I work I never seem to get as much done as I'd like. It's just slow going. Hopefully one day soon I'll get moved in & I can write a post about getting my kitchen counters cleaned up ;-) Right now they are covered with tools & painting equipment...

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord that He gave you such an encouraging day! We are praying for you all this week. :)

Kara said...

I love breakfast for supper!!!