Monday, December 03, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

We're in the middle of a pretty big winter storm right now--I think we have somewhere between 6-8" and we may get as much as a foot before it's done. It sure is beautiful, but I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today. :)

I'm working on making it Christmasy inside, too. Yesterday we got our tree. It's still only partially decorated, so I won't post pictures yet. We tried 2 different places, only to find them both closed, so we decided to cut one off my dad's land. We wanted a nice tall one and the local places don't have very big ones (or if they do, they're very expensive). It's actually a decent tree for being cut out of the woods. But I'm sort of wishing we had gone with a smaller one--it's so tall (arount 10+ feet) that it makes the rest of the house look small and crowded. Oh well, it's still a pretty tree. :) Sam was very excited about getting the tree, and both kids got in on the decorating, to some extent.
Sam's favorite part, though, is getting to run his electric Thomas train under the tree. I also set up the creche and a bunch of my snowment and moose decorations.

A week ago we went to Target and got our pictures done. We'll get them back next Tuesday, just two days before we leave for Ohio. Whew, we cut that close! I plan to get all the cards addressed and writtten on, and the annual letter typed and enclosed, so all I'll have to do is put the pictures in and seal the envelopes. We were very happy with our portrait session--the photographer was great with the kids and we got some nice shots. We only purchased one family pose, but we may have to order one of the two kids together that came out so cute. They usually send some extra poses with the package to try and get you to buy more, so we may break down the do that--I was really wishing later that we'd gotten at least one of them together.

Well, I guess I'd better get going for now! Hope everyone's December is off to a good start!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

10 feet?!? I can't wait to see pictures of your gigantic tree when it's decorated. We found out that real trees down here cost $10 per foot - ouch! Unless we find a good deal on a real one, we'll have to purchase a fake one and burn the mistletoe scented candles from Yankee Candle. Not the same but they still smell fantastic. :)