Thursday, November 29, 2007

Busy day

It's been a kind of busy day, but a good one. I spent some time sewing on a Christmas present this morning, while the kids did their best to get underfoot and steal all my pins. :) This afternoon I made 2 veggie alfredo lasagnas--one for us and one for a family at church--and mixed up sugar cookie dough. I had promised Sam that we would make Christmas cookies after his nap. Julia didn't nap today, so she busily tore apart my under-the-sink cabinet, strewing my dish towels all over the floor while I worked. Have I mentioned that I would really like cabinet doors before the next baby comes? If only my sweetie actually had time to work on OUR house . . . :)

Anyway, after Sam woke up, we had a fun and messy time making cookies. Julia continued to do what she's best at (making messes) by scraping flour onto the floor with a cookie cutter, while Sam and I cut and decorated the cookies. Here are a few pictures:


You can tell that Sam, especially, was having a good time! Julia isn't quite old enough to have as much fun with it as he did, but she's getting there.

I also did a quick update on the pregnancy blog today.

And now, I am off to bed! I am SO tired tonight and my eyes keep trying to close. Hope you all had a good day!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I would love it if you would post your veggie alfredo lasagna recipe! That sounds delicious!

Anonymous said...

I know this is a lot of work for Mom, but all that battery operated stuff doesn't have anything on this. This is entertainment that just can't be beat. :)

Love,
Linda

Anonymous said...

So cute! Isn't it fun when they are into everything? I think it's great that you let them make their messes (and make merories in the process). Kids and kitchen floors are washable, right? :)

I definitely plan to make sugar cookies with the kids soon. It's one of my favorite Christmas-y things to do!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that was me above, this new blogger thing had me confused. :) I signed Anonymous instead of putting my name in the nickname. I did that on your preg blog, too, but I'm sure you knew that was me. Time for more coffee...

Rachel said...

I'm with Jenny - the recipe sounds divine! These pics are priceless. I agree with your friend, Linda. Making cookies/messes is so much more fun than playing with a battery-operated toy:). I would say that Sam and Julia are learning and having fun at the same time:).

Unknown said...

Ditto on Jenny & Rachel's recipe request!

Bummer about Julia not taking a nap. Did she at least go to bed early for you that night? Tell me about it, Chloe was "helping" me with some bread dough the other day and decided to push my flour on to the floor. What a mess!